Página 2 de 4 PrimerPrimer 1234 ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 31 al 60 de 105

Tema: F1 2021 - G.P. Nº 15 - RUSIA

Administrator Avatar de McHouserphy

Buscando la imperfección perfecta...

Moderator Avatar de llumia
    Northern Kingdom Mountains. Where neither the eagles even dare.
    Entradas de blog
    Impresiones de los equipos tras la jornada de Prácticas del Viernes:

Russian GP: Practice team notes - Mercedes

A strong Friday showing for the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team as Valtteri and Lewis go quickest on practice day in Sochi.

Valtteri set the pace in both practice sessions, going fastest overall in FP1 and FP2. Lewis was just behind his teammate on the timesheets with both drivers exploring a range of set-up options ahead of Qualifying tomorrow which is expected to be wet.

Valtteri Bottas: If you look at the timings and based on my own feeling in the car, it was a good day. From the first run, I had confidence in the car and the balance was very good so I could focus on my driving, looking for small gains. Tomorrow looks like it will be wet, so it'll be a completely different experience. The main thing is the car feels good on the long runs so that's encouraging for Sunday which should be dry. I really find my flow on this track and I enjoy it - when the car works well here, it's great fun to drive.

Lewis Hamilton: We had two good sessions today pace-wise. We ticked off as much as we could working through different setup items and had very clean runs with no issues so overall it was a good day. Valtteri and I went quite different with our setups to see which areas work best and we'll spend tonight studying the data to understand where we want the car for tomorrow and Sunday. It looks like it will be a lot of rain tomorrow, a big wet day, and we'll have to consider our setup with that in mind but keeping an eye on Sunday which is set to be dry.

Andrew Shovlin: We had a pretty good balance to start with today and were able to put in decent times on all tyre compounds. We've often struggled on the Soft tyre this year but today it seemed to work well. Our long run performance was OK, but we've not got the balance quite right so there's a bit of work to do there overnight. The forecast looks very wet for tomorrow, especially in the morning but we're expecting dry conditions for the race. That's going to give us an interesting compromise to deal with, finding a setup that works well in a wet qualifying but also has good long run pace in the dry. Overall though a reasonable start to the weekend.

https://www.pitpass.com/70825/Russia...notes-Mercedes

Russian GP: Practice team notes - Red Bull

Max Verstappen: "We thought it would be best to take the engine penalty here in Russia, we took everything into account before making the decision and we of course considered the weather for tomorrow. We had to take the penalty at some point so if we didn't take it here, we would have taken it somewhere else. As for the set up, we are trying to make the best possible race car for this weekend despite starting from the back of the grid. I hope it's going to work out and we will try to make the best of it during the race on Sunday, for now let's wait and see what the weather will be like tomorrow."

Sergio Perez: "I think we have some good information going into qualifying tomorrow, when there won't be much running due to the rain, so today was probably the last chance we have to test the dry conditions before qualifying. I think there is potential in the car for this weekend, we just have to make sure we get it right. I think my first and second sector looked good but there are some areas to improve in the third sector.

There are some set-up changes we might need to make to the car to suit the weather conditions come qualifying but there are still a lot of interesting things to be analysed later on this evening. With Max starting from the back, it is going to be a bit of a challenge as a Team and obviously Mercedes are very strong around here but hopefully we are able to put some pressure on them and qualify very close to them, that would be ideal."

https://www.pitpass.com/70820/Russia...notes-Red-Bull

Russian GP: Practice team notes - McLaren

Lando Norris: "Today was a bit up and down - we struggled quite a bit in P1, but we made quite a few changes on the car for the second session which improved things. That progress has made me feel a bit more confident in the car this afternoon and given us a more positive feeling going into tomorrow.

"Some of our strengths from Monza aren't as obvious at this track, and there's more of the types of corners here where we're not as strong. But it can still feel relatively good, it just doesn't always translate into actual lap-time. We're not as competitive as we were in Monza, but we still have a decent feeling and we can still be competitive compared to the teams we're really racing against. There are a lot of things to take into account for tomorrow with the weather forecast, so there's a lot to think about overnight to prepare ourselves for tomorrow."

Daniel Ricciardo: "This morning, we struggled quite a bit to get comfortable and there wasn't that much pace. We made some changes with swapping the PU for FP2, but then we had a delay getting out, and then we had yellows, red flags and then people around us on high fuel. It was a bit of a lost session really, so we have some homework tonight. Fortunately, Lando looked more comfortable and quicker in FP2, so we'll try to learn from that. For us, not the most inspiring day, but still a lot we can work on to improve ahead of qualifying."

Andrea Stella, Executive Director, Racing: "Weather conditions in Sochi are unsettled this week. We had rain yesterday and there's an expectation of rain tomorrow, but today the sessions were dry, and we could work through our dry run-plan. We focused our efforts on understanding the tyres and set-up, preparing the car for both single-lap performance and for the race, as usual. On Daniel's side of the garage we had a little disruption, discovering an issue at the end of FP1. We swapped the PU over the break between P1 and P2, lost a little bit of running time and as a result were doing our new Soft run in P2 in difficult traffic conditions. That's reflected in the classification - but we know there's quite a lot more to come."

https://www.pitpass.com/70828/Russia...-notes-McLaren

Russian GP: Practice team notes - Aston Martin

Sebastian Vettel: "It was a productive day of running: we covered a good number of laps and found a decent balance with the car. That is positive because it can be tricky to find the flow in Sochi, so I think we have a good starting point. But it looks like it will rain tomorrow. That could make for an interesting qualifying session and, because it will mix up the field, it could lead to some opportunities for us, especially with some other drivers taking grid penalties already this weekend. Sunday is looking drier, so today's positive work is still important. We will make sure we are well prepared tonight and then see what tomorrow brings."

Lance Stroll: "It is good to be back on track. We have learned quite a bit today and I think there is more to come from me and the car. The forecast is suggesting that rain is going to be a factor tomorrow, which could change the course of the weekend. Obviously, it is a very different experience to drive in the wet and we have never experienced those sorts of conditions in Sochi before. That would be an exciting challenge and we will be prepared for the possibility tomorrow. We will go away and review what we have learned today and then see what the weather has in store for FP3 and qualifying."

https://www.pitpass.com/70823/Russia...s-Aston-Martin
    Russian GP: Practice team notes - Alpine

Alpine F1 Team finished with both cars inside the top eight at the Sochi Autodrom as preparations got underway for this weekend's Russian Grand Prix.

Esteban Ocon ended the day in fifth place with Fernando Alonso tucked neatly inside the top ten in eighth, after a dry and crisp day at the 5.848km Olympic Park venue in Sochi.
    With the threat of rain looming large for tomorrow, both cars completed some decent mileage during the morning in a trouble-free session. Fernando ended the session in tenth and Esteban slotted into eleventh, with less than a tenth separating the two cars.

Free Practice 2 saw a mix of high and low fuel running for both cars, with Esteban and Fernando occupying the top three positions after some early runs using the Soft tyres.

On a brand-new set of Softs, Esteban improved his time with a 1min 34.402secs, which was good enough to place him fifth in the timings. Fernando also improved his time during the first sector, but a red flag for Antonio Giovinazzi's accident meant his effort was in the end futile, leaving him in eighth on a previous lap time of 1min 34.762secs. The Spanish driver recorded the fastest Sector 3 time of the day.

Both cars finished their day assessing some high fuel running on the Medium tyres ahead of tomorrow's qualifying for the Russian Grand Prix.

Esteban Ocon: "It's good to be back in Sochi as it's a track that I've always enjoyed racing at. It's high grip, especially in comparison to Monza last time out. We have the Softest tyres on the range here, so that gives us some things to try and understand. It's been a very busy day for us, busier than a usual Friday, with half an eye on the weather tomorrow and we aimed to be as productive as possible. Things could be interesting tomorrow, so optimising today was important. We completed quite a few runs - low fuel and high fuel - and we have a good idea on what we can do on car set-up. Let's see what the rest of the weekend brings but so far, I'm pleased with our progress."

Fernando Alonso: "It was a reasonable day for us today. We don't know how useful some of the data will be because of the potential rain forecasted for tomorrow, but the car seems to behave okay here. We set up a few different things in FP2 and we found a few benefits, so I am happy with that. We could have achieved a better lap time without the red flag for Antonio (Giovinazzi), but it's only Friday, so let's see what tomorrow brings."

Davide Brivio, Racing Director: "We had to try and do as much work as possible today knowing that tomorrow's weather looks very unsettled. We've had a positive day with our usual combination of long runs and short runs with different tyre compounds.

We collected a lot of good information and had some decent lap times. At the moment it looks like the weather may be dry on Sunday so our relative pace looks positive for the race; let's see what tomorrow brings as it looks like we will have to deal with some very significant rain."

https://www.pitpass.com/70821/Russia...m-notes-Alpine

Russian GP: Practice team notes - Ferrari

Today's work in Sochi was useful in both the short and long term for Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow. Over the two hours of free practice the drivers got through their programmes with no problems of any sort. It was a particularly busy day as Carlos and Charles had two separate work programmes. The former did the usual jobs of preparing for both qualifying and the race, while the latter focussed almost exclusively on the race, given that he is having to start from the back of the grid.

One of Charles' tasks was to gain experience with the new hybrid system. He only used the Soft tyres in the first session, covering 22 laps with a best time of 1'35"117. In the afternoon, he tried all three Pirelli compounds, starting with the Soft, before moving on to the Hard and Medium, so as to evaluate them under similar track conditions. He did 24 laps in the afternoon, the best being a 1'34"925.

Sainz's programme was more in line with that of the other drivers. He began the first session on Hard tyres, before switching to Softs in the second part of the session. He did 25 laps, the best in 1'35"811 in the morning and then 22 in the afternoon, with a best of 1'34"678 when running the Soft and Medium compounds. In tomorrow's sessions, drivers and engineers will have to deal, not only with the threat of rain, but also the wind which occasionally caused the drivers a few problems today, as well as track evolution which improved lap after lap as the cars put rubber down on the surface.

Carlos Sainz: A positive Friday for us in general, mainly coming from a decent balance right from the beginning and the car performing a bit better on this kind of track.

There's still a lot of work to do on the long run side as it looks like there's some graining on the front tyres. Hopefully we can find a way to work around it for tomorrow, although we are expecting rain and things can change quickly. We'll see.

Charles Leclerc: We ran different programmes across our two cars today and my focus was on race simulation rather than on qualifying pace as I will start from the back of the grid on Sunday. The track evolution was quite significant over the course of the day. It started out being very slippery this morning and then improved with every run. Graining was not an issue, which was positive. In terms of driving experience, I enjoyed the last sector the most.

https://www.pitpass.com/70826/Russia...-notes-Ferrari

Russian GP: Practice team notes - AlphaTauri

Pierre Gasly: "It's been a positive day in terms of performance, this car seems to be working well here so far and it's a good start going into the weekend. Whilst the performance is there, I'm not 100% comfortable with the balance inside the car yet so we've got a few things that we can take away and improve tonight. We know both Charles and Max are taking penalties for the race, so there are definitely some opportunities for us this weekend. Our main focus though is on our own package and maximising what we can do to help in our tight midfield battle."

Yuki Tsunoda: "I've struggled with the general grip here so far in Sochi, but I've managed to gain important mileage in the car today, particularly for Sunday, as we think the race may be sunny. We know the performance is there in the car so I just need to go away tonight, look at the data and see how I can improve for tomorrow. We don't know what's going to happen with the weather, so we just need to be as prepared as possible going into FP3 and Qualifying."

Jonathan Eddolls (Chief Race Engineer): "Overall, it's been a mixed day across the two sides of the garage. Pierre had a strong day, we did some set-up work in FP1 and learnt about the requirements of this track, in terms of the balance in the colder temperatures. We didn't have a perfect car during the first session, so we did a lot of fine-tuning before heading out again in the afternoon, which has proved to be a step in the right direction. Yuki wasn't quite as confident in the car and hasn't been able to extract the same lap times, so we need to do some work tonight to really understand what to do to make him feel more comfortable in the car and extract its potential. The forecast for tomorrow is looking to be a complete wash-out, which likely means we'll be using the Wets during FP3, hence we used an additional set of Softs today to ensure we had all the relevant data for the race on Sunday, when we expect it will be dry again."

https://www.pitpass.com/70819/Russia...tes-AlphaTauri

Russian GP: Practice team notes - Alfa Romeo

Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN completed its first day of on-track action in Sochi, with Kimi Raikkonen and Antonio Giovinazzi both setting competitive times in the two practice sessions. Raikkonen made his return to the track following two events on the sidelines, while Giovinazzi's afternoon session was cut short by contact with the wall halfway through FP2.

The team will now prepare for tomorrow's qualifying session, with the threat of rain looming over Sochi.

Kimi Raikkonen: "It was an ok day to get back to the car. It didn't feel much different than any other times, and the job we did wasn't too bad. Things ran smoothly, the conditions were ok so we were able to do our work. First impressions are ok but when it really matters is tomorrow and Sunday. The feeling with the car is ok, but we'll need to see what happens in qualifying to see where we stack up against the others."

Antonio Giovinazzi: "The sessions were going pretty well until the incident. FP1 wasn't too bad and FP2 was an improvement, overall a good start of the weekend. The wind was rather strong, I got a bit of understeer outside the corner, touched the astroturf on the exit and lost the rear. Tomorrow is another day, we need to see what the weather is going to be like and continue our work."

https://www.pitpass.com/70818/Russia...tes-Alfa-Romeo

Russian GP: Practice team notes - Haas

Round 15 of the 2021 FIA Formula 1 World Championship began with practice on Friday at Sochi Autodrom as teams prepared for Sunday's Russian Grand Prix.

Friday's track action consisted of two 60-minute sessions - FP1 and FP2 - on the 5.848-kilometer (3.634-mile), 18-turn circuit.

FP1 saw Mazepin straight out on track running the Pirelli P Zero Yellow medium tires while Schumacher's wake-up run utilized the White hard compound. A six-lap baseline outing on the Red soft rubber followed for both drivers - producing their fastest laps of the session. Mazepin recorded a 1:38.586 for 19th on the timesheet with Schumacher setting a 1:38.977 for 20th overall. The morning session concluded with high fuel stints - Mazepin returning to his earlier medium set with Schumacher back on the hard rubber.

Armed with soft tires to start FP2, Schumacher set his fastest time of the session on his opening run. The German banked a 1:36.230 which he failed to better on his second set of softs. Mazepin dropped from a 1:37.125 lap on his first set of softs down to a best lap of 1:36.099 on his second qualifying sim - the Russian placing 19th with Schumacher 20th. The session was interrupted by a red flag stop caused by Alfa Romeo's Antonio Giovinazzi contacting the barriers at Turn 10 - the Italian unharmed in the incident. FP2 resumed with 16 minutes left on the clock - Mazepin and Schumacher latterly working on high fuel distance runs through to the checkered flag.

Uralkali Haas F1 Team ran a total of 84 laps on Friday across FP1 and FP2 - 43 by Schumacher and 41 by Mazepin.

Nikita Mazepin: "I love Sochi and I think Sochi loves me because when we arrived here yesterday, I looked at the weather and it was saying it wasn't going to be very good, but there is nothing like Sochi sun. Especially with that track, it's fast and then it's flowing, during the whole lap it's very enjoyable to drive. I wasn't quite sure what the car was going to feel like, given the balance can be different, but the balance was very similar to what it was like last year in Sochi and although we're just missing overall downforce and lack pace, I think we're close to extracting what we had to. We completed our run plan for today and let's see what to expect tomorrow - I don't think we're going to get the sunshine like we had today."

Mick Schumacher: "Overall, I felt quite comfortable. This track isn't really driven over the year and that meant we had a very green track to start off with. I think in general we did some good things on the car, it felt comfortable early on, especially in FP2.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to finish my lap on the second set but we know that we have it in our pocket. Overall, it's more about getting to know the car better on every track, especially here where I have good memories from F2, to convert that into a good run in F1 is positive. Now, it's just a matter of putting everything together."

Guenther Steiner: "A pretty good day today with no big issues and both drivers and the team doing a good job over the two sessions. We went out early in FP2 to try and get a lap in, should there be an issue with qualifying tomorrow. Apparently, it will be raining, but we don't know for sure, so we'll deal with that one tomorrow. We made sure today to get a lap in and everybody else did, so we ended up where we normally end up but all in all, a good day at the office."

https://www.pitpass.com/70824/Russia...eam-notes-Haas

Russian GP: Practice team notes - Williams

Dave Robson, Head of Vehicle Performance: We have had a useful and productive day. Nicholas had some issues with his brakes this morning, but this was fixed for FP2. The car is working well here and although there is definitely some scope for improvement, we are happy with our start to the weekend.

Given the weather forecast for tomorrow, it is unclear quite how the weekend will play out. However, we are happy with the work that we have done so far, and we are ready to face any eventuality. Both drivers are comfortable with their cars and so even if we don't get much done in FP3 due to the rain, we are happy to go straight into both qualifying and the race.

George Russell: It was an interesting day today. The car was feeling good, but the pace wasn't quite as good as the car was feeling. We will go away and analyse why that was overnight. That positive feeling definitely helped us on the high-fuel pace though, and hopefully that will benefit us if it is dry on Sunday. Tomorrow looks like it could be a washout, but fingers crossed that we get some running in at some point. Our performance at Spa definitely gives us added confidence if it is a wet qualifying, but it is a very different style of track and different conditions here in Sochi so we will need to put in the hard work to achieve a good result. If it is going to be dry on Sunday, it will be interesting as the circuit will be very green after the rain and that will make it tricky, so it is not going to be a straightforward weekend.

Nicholas Latifi: Today was a fairly tricky day of running, but we made some good improvements from one session to the next which is important. I still feel that we have some things that we can analyse tonight to try and get the car in a better window, and I'll be looking at the changes I can make to my driving style to find some more lap time. Whilst tomorrow's weather conditions might mean that a lot of today's running may not be so relevant, everyone will be in the same position and what we've learnt today becomes especially valuable if it's drier on Sunday.

https://www.pitpass.com/70827/Russia...notes-Williams

Russian GP: Practice team notes - Pirelli

Valtteri Bottas led a Mercedes one-two in both free practice sessions today, using the P Zero Red soft C5 tyre on each occasion. The Finn, who also topped both Friday sessions last year in Sochi, went faster than he did last year in FP1, but couldn't quite match his 2020 benchmark in FP2.

However, it was a slightly different pair of practice sessions compared to normal. With persistent rain expected tomorrow, the drivers concentrated on collecting data across all three compounds for Sunday, when weather conditions are expected to be still variable.
    Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc and Red Bull's Max Verstappen will be starting at the back of the grid due to engine changes - which meant that qualifying simulation was not a priority for them in free practice.

Conditions were reasonably cool today, with ambient temperatures around 22 degrees centigrade and track temperatures up to 32 degrees during FP2.

A red flag interrupted the FP2 session with 20 minutes to go, disrupting some of the long runs. This made it harder to assess the performance gaps between the compounds, but so far there is around 0.8 seconds between P Zero Red soft and P Zero Yellow medium, and an estimated 0.5 seconds between medium and P Zero White hard.

Mario Isola: "Tomorrow's expected weather influenced free practice today, with the drivers concentrating more on collecting plenty of data over all three compounds as well as setting a lap time just in case FP2 has an influence on the grid positions for the race, with a strong chance that tomorrow will see wet conditions all day. The circuit actually offered quite good grip and, as expected, plenty of track evolution, although the rain tomorrow is likely to reset the asphalt, which adds to the question marks. Under these circumstances, the red flag in FP2 was unfortunate, with the teams likely to head into Sunday's race with a distinct lack of dry running."

https://www.pitpass.com/70822/Russia...-notes-Pirelli
    Alonso carried his Renault to third place in Singapore. After Vettel and Rosberg wrecked their own races, he seized a podium from a car that did not deserve it.

That is the difference between the great and the merely good.

Martin Brundle (Sing '09)

"Alonso has been brilliant all weekend, absolutely brilliant". "A driver not always easyto love, but very easy to admire".

Martin Brundle (Sing '10)

Entradas de blog
    Alonso carried his Renault to third place in Singapore. After Vettel and Rosberg wrecked their own races, he seized a podium from a car that did not deserve it.

"Alonso has been brilliant all weekend, absolutely brilliant". "A driver not always easyto love, but very easy to admire".

Bruji Piruji Avatar de GoVal
    FORMULA 1 VTB RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX 2021 - Sochi Autodrom
    Resultados FP3
    Sábado, 25 de septiembre de 2021

SESIÓN CANCELADA POR LA LLUVIA

Comienza la calificación con la pista muy mojada pero sin lluvia. Alonso es el único que sale a la pista con neumático de lluvia. El resto han montado intermedios. Se espera que llueva en pocos minutos.

Max ha dado una vuelta de instalación y se baja del coche sin marcar tiempo. No merece la pena arriesgar el coche y hacer kilómetros innecesarios a ese nuevo motor.

No hay sorpresas en la Q1 y los Mercedes siguen al frente, con Hamilton por delante de Bottas, que termina por delante de Checo.

Alonso y Sainz han pasado el corte en 7ª y 8ª posición.

Ha sido una sesión muy tranquila para lo delicada que estaba la pista.

Los eliminados en Q1 son:

16 Kimi
    17 Schumacher
    18 Giovinnazi
    19 Mazepin
    20 Verstappen (sin tiempo)

Tiempos completos de la Q1.

De nuevo Hamilton y Bottas terminan al frente en la Q2, seguidos de Alonso, que supo aprovechar la mejora de la pista.

Carlos ha pasado por los pelos, al terminar 10º con Vettel a pocas milésimas de él.

Sorpresa de ver a Gasly fuera de la Q3. Se ha quejado de que un Williams le ha molestado y ha pillado un cabreo importante al verse fuera.

Leclerc no ha marcado tiempo por los mismos motivos de los de Verstappen en la sesión anterior.

Latifi ha montado una 4ª unidad de potencia y saldrá desde el fondo de la parrilla, por lo que tambien decidió no marcar tiempo. Russel ha pasado el corte.

Los eliminados en Q2 son:

11 Vettel
    12 Gasly
    13 Tsunoda
    14 Latifi (sin tiempo)
    15 Leclerc (sin tiempo)

Tiempos completos de la Q2.

El mosqueo de Gasly.

FORMULA 1 VTB RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX 2021 - Sochi Autodrom
    Resultados Sesión de CALIFICACIÓN
    Sábado, 25 de septiembre de 2021

Comenzar con la pista muy mojada y que la esperada lluvia no haya aparecido ha permitido que la pista se fuera secando y mejorando hasta llegar a poder montar neumáticos lisos al final de la Q3, regalándonos emoción en los instantes finales y permitiendo a Lando NORRIS lograr su primera pole en la F1, la primera de McLaren desde Brasil 2012.

Todo parecía indicar que Hamilton se llevaría una nueva pole pero la mejora de la pista hizo que RUSSELL fuera el primero en atreverse a montar slicks. Esto le permitió poder hacer tres vueltas con el blando para terminar logrando finalizar en 3ª posición.

Tras él paraba a montar el blando Carlos SAINZ, que logró la pole provisional hasta que se la arrebató tu excompañero de equipo. Mañana, compartirán la primera línea de salida.

Viendo cómo Russell mejoraba sus parciales, HAMILTON entró a boxes para montar blandos pero un error le llevó a golpear el muro de entrada al pit lane y partir su alerón delantero. El tiempo perdido en el cambio no le permitió salir con tiempo suficiente como para calentar bien los neumáticos y sus prisas le llevaron a cometer otro error trompeando en su última vuelta y terminando en 4ª posición. Muy mal resultado teniendo en cuenta el dominio de Mercedes aquí y la oportunidad de tener a Verstappen saliendo último al montar su 4ª UP y su sanción de 3 posiciones por lo de Monza.

En 5ª posición ha finalizado RICCIARDO, aunque está bajo investigación por molestar a Stroll en Q1.

Tras él ha finalizado Fernando ALONSO, BOTTAS, que también montó el blando demasiado tarde, y STROLL.

Checo PÉREZ ha vuelto a tener una mala sesión de calificación. No han sabido aprovechar la mejora de la pista para poder intentar quedar por delante de los Mercedes y ha terminado 9º, justo por delante de OCON.

La primera línea de salida de mañana.

Muy contento Norris. Ni se lo podía creer.

Todo lo contrario que Hamilton que, después de llevarse por delante ayer al del gato delantero, hoy ha golpeado el muro de entrada al pit lane y trompeado después tocando las protecciones.

Los números de la clasificatoria de hoy en Sochi:

Lando Norris @LandoNorris · 2h

Hahahhaa! YES!!

Hamilton sobre su incidente en la entrada del pit lane.

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 25min

'@LewisHamilton on his pitlane shunt: "It's embarrassing, and I'm disappointed in myself. But shit happens, we all make mistakes. Of course it's not what you'd expect a World Champion to do."

Hamilton comenta que le costó calentar los blandos debido a que estuvieron demasiado tiempo sin las mantas térmicas puestas al tener que cambiar el morro que rompió al entrar al pit lane y apartarse para que saliera Bottas, que entró tras él a montar los blandos, aunque el finlandés tampoco los logró poner en temperatura.

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 42min

'@LewisHamilton says that while he was in the pits having his front wing replaced and letting BOT leave first his new slick tyres were without blankets for 64 seconds. After reviewing the session he's happy with team decisions, accepts others could take risks and switch earlier,

Se ve que a Lando le hace más ilusión que a Hamilton tener una ruedina de estas.

LuisFeF1 @LuisFeF1 · 8min

#TechF1 Ayer @MercedesAMGF1 estrenó un nuevo alerón delantero de flap superior curvado para modificar/mejorar el efecto outwash de ala. Hoy, en clasificación, Bottas y Hamilton no lo han utilizado. #F1 #RussianGP #F1Tech #SochiGP

Una clasi como esta y decido no verla, saltando a los resultados, pensando que habria sido un 1-2 de Mercedes fácil y sin emoción, para darme de leches...

En cualquier caso, cojonudisisimo trio ahi arriba, ojalá gane alguno de los 3, firmaba ya que fueran ellos lo que copen el podio, sea cual sea el orden.

Dónde hay que firmar? Yorch?

Yo también quiero firmar la propuesta de yorch.

¿Se apuntará algún Mercedes a salir desde el fondo de la parrilla?

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 1h

Three drivers at the back who have PU penalties, Latifi, Leclerc and Verstappen. Toto Wolff hinted at another change for Bottas, who took a new PU in Monza... Some suggestions in the paddock that Hamilton might be the one who changes. He can race through the pack with Max...

Entradas de blog
    Impresiones de los equipos tras la sesión de Clasificación:

Russian GP: Qualifying team notes - Mercedes

Lewis qualifies P4 and Valtteri P7 for the Russian Grand Prix despite showing strong pace and dominating Q1 and Q2 on the Inter tyres on a very damp track.

With conditions improving into Q3, the two Mercedes led the field out on Inters and again set the fastest times, before the cars behind made the switch to slicks.

Given their track position, Lewis and Valtteri were the last to switch to the Softs and only had time for one timed lap, in contrast to the cars ahead who had time for at least two and improved with each lap as tyre temperatures rose.

With the Soft tyre only coming alive on a second timed lap, neither Mercedes driver improved on their Inter times will have a battle on their hands in Sunday's Grand Prix which is expected to be dry.

Lewis Hamilton: I made a mistake in the pit lane and I'm incredibly disappointed with that. Up until then, I was in the groove, I was in the zone and I am really sorry for all the team that are here and back at the factory because obviously that's not what you expect from a champion. It is what it is, and I'll do my best tomorrow to try and rectify it. At the end, it was so slippery when you don't have any temperature and without the time for that second push lap, we couldn't set the time of the guys ahead.

Those cars up front have got good pace and it definitely won't be easy tomorrow. I'm just going to say my prayers and hope that our car can be fixed to be OK for tomorrow. These things are sent to try us, and as much as I feel terrible right now, I'll turn it into a positive and try to do the best we can. But we've got a Brit on pole which is great, so congrats to Lando.

Valtteri Bottas: Q1 and Q2 were going well, we seemed to be strong in the Inter conditions but in the end when it started to dry, we came in and obviously we were hopeful to get two timed laps. In the end, we only got one and couldn't get the tyres to work in one lap, it was too difficult to get the temperature into them. All the cars ahead of us got at least two laps and that was the issue. It's not great but nowhere near over yet, we have a strong car and I've had strong pace all weekend. At least I'm not starting from the back like in Monza so hopefully we'll be better and I can push on from P7.

Toto Wolff: There are situations like today that are just really unfortunate. You can't point to a mistake today - we were the first cars out in the session and found ourselves in a sequence where either we would have aborted our last two runs on the Intermediate tyre to get two Soft runs in or play it safe by finishing the lap, which is what we did. If you could turn back time, you'd maybe not go out first and wait a minute later but then you're into crystal ball reading.

Even without Lewis' kiss on the wall we wouldn't have been able to do two laps on the Soft and it was definitely a lap two tyre today. With the second lap, I'm sure we would have been fast enough for the front row but with one lap, you have no chance of heating the tyre enough. Now we need to turn it around tomorrow, these things sometimes go against you but the important thing is how you react. Lewis is still in the hunt for the win, that's the target and Valtteri can go on the attack from P7, he's looked very strong all weekend.

Andrew Shovlin: A frustrating end to a qualifying session where we'd been looking very strong throughout. The conditions were quite unusual in that was taking a long time to transition to dry. The intermediate was holding on well and not degrading and our plan in the final session was to set a time on the intermediates before swapping to dry tyres. Unfortunately, a single lap on the dry tyres wasn't enough to get it working so we got jumped by a number of cars at the finish. It was encouraging to see the car working well in the wet but we've left ourselves with more work to do tomorrow than we hoped. However, our pace on Friday was strong so anything is possible.

https://www.pitpass.com/70842/Russia...notes-Mercedes

Russian GP: Qualifying team notes - Red Bull

Sergio Perez: "Things were looking really promising and we had a strong Q1 and Q2. But in the changing weather and track conditions, timing is important and in hindsight we probably could have tried slick tyres one lap earlier. As we know anything can happen in the race and a positive to take from today is that the car was performing very well in the wet. We are going to move positively into Sunday and the main target will be to get a strong start and then put together the best possible race."

Max Verstappen: "We decided not to do too many laps in qualifying as the risk of having a moment or an accident would not be worth it, especially as I'm starting from the back of the grid tomorrow. The track conditions were fine and there was good grip, I think it will be similar conditions during the race. The Team did a great job and I'm confident that we made a good decision about how we set up the car. Looking ahead to tomorrow, it's always tricky as naturally the midfield will be a bit closer but it will be important to go out there and score as many points as possible, we'll do our very best. Hopefully we can have a fun race!"

Christian Horner: "Obviously we knew Max was going to be starting from the back of the grid and with today's tricky qualifying conditions, the reward wasn't worth the risk.

So it was just about making sure everything was ready for him tomorrow. Checo will be disappointed to be starting from 9th position, a small mistake on his warmup lap on the slicks in Q3 meant he struggled to generate heat in the tyres and unfortunately missed out on being further up the field. The grid isn't one anyone would have predicted coming into this weekend, and with dry weather forecast for tomorrow on a track where you can overtake, we could see even more overtaking and a very interesting race."

https://www.pitpass.com/70838/Russia...notes-Red-Bull

Russian GP: Qualifying team notes - McLaren

Lando Norris: "Obviously I'm very happy - probably the happiest I've been in F1! My first pole position in Formula 1 and in some pretty tricky conditions. It was very tough out there, a lot of risks taken, a lot of times I thought I could've ended up in the wall - but it all paid-off and was worth it. Thanks to the whole team for giving me a great car today. It's an amazing feeling to get pole and something I've always dreamed of since I was a kid. So now I can finally tick that off, and hopefully tomorrow we can just go for another strong result."

Daniel Ricciardo: "I'm glad we got to get the session done - who would've thought we'd finish on slicks when there was a chance of not even doing qualifying today! So, it was fun. It was actually really fun! We enjoyed it. Congrats to Lando on his first pole, and to the team - to keep the momentum of Monza is really cool. So, everyone is really upbeat. From a position point of view, I'm okay with fifth. I think it obviously puts us in good shape for tomorrow. Those conditions today were so hit and miss, you could gain or lose time so easily. There were certainly a few corners that bit me, but it's all good. We learn from it. I'm pretty pleased. Congrats to the whole team - it was exciting, it was fun and now let's keep the train going!"

Andreas Seidl, Team Principal: "Lando's first pole position, our first pole position since 2012 and Daniel qualifying P5 make this an excellent Saturday for our team. Congratulations to everybody at the track, back at the factory and our colleagues at Mercedes HPP, because that was an exceptionally challenging qualifying session, executed very well. All through the sessions, it was important to have the right tyres on the car, and the car in the right position on track. We judged that perfectly today and had two drivers who pulled it off when it mattered.

"We're dedicating pole position to Mansour Ojjeh - today would have been his birthday - and looking forward to what should be another exciting Formula 1 race tomorrow. We have a competitive car and are in a great position to score good points."

https://www.pitpass.com/70847/Russia...-notes-McLaren

Russian GP: Qualifying team notes - Aston Martin

Lance Stroll: "I am happy that we made it into Q3 and P8 is a good starting position to fight for points tomorrow. We made a decent step forward compared to yesterday and the team did a good job in challenging conditions. I do think there was more on the table on the last lap, though. What affected the lap most was traffic in the last sector [caused by Sergio Perez] and my lap time was hurt under braking into Turns 13, 14 and 15. I also had issues with Daniel [Ricciardo] getting in my way in Q1. It was a bit frustrating, but we will look ahead to tomorrow now. It is a long run to the first braking point here and there is a lot of slipstreaming, so let us see what happens on Sunday."

Sebastian Vettel: "We definitely had the potential to have a much better result today. I think we had the pace to easily progress to Q3, but I had traffic on my final run [from Yuki Tsunoda] and I just missed out. I am annoyed with myself because I should have put in a better time the lap before as well. It means we are starting on the edge of the top 10 and unfortunately overtaking is not so easy here."

Otmar Szafnauer, CEO & Team Principal: "Lance did a superb job to qualify eighth but, had he not lost a significant amount of time behind Checo [Perez] in sector three on his fastest Q3 lap, he would have qualified fourth. That is frustrating, but it shows the pace of our car and the brilliance of Lance in changeable weather conditions. He will be aiming to bag a lot of points tomorrow. In Q2, Sebastian, too, was hindered by traffic - [Yuki] Tsunoda this time - and the result was that he failed to get through to Q3 by the tiny margin of just 0.05sec. But he will start the race from the clean side of the track and, like Lance, he will be aiming to score points tomorrow."

https://www.pitpass.com/70843/Russia...s-Aston-Martin

Russian GP: Qualifying team notes - Alpine

Alpine F1 Team qualified for tomorrow's Russian Grand Prix with Fernando Alonso in sixth and Esteban Ocon tenth after a thrilling wet to dry Saturday Qualifying session at the Sochi Autodrom. The result is the team's fifth Q3 appearance with both cars this season.

Overnight rainfall continued into the morning leading to the cancellation of Free Practice 3. The rain cleared just before Qualifying with the session starting to schedule at 15:00 local time.

For Q1, Esteban started on new Intermediates with Fernando the sole driver to sample the Extreme Wets. He soon joined the rest of the field on Intermediates after setting an initial lap-time. With conditions improving fast, both drivers were comfortably through to Q2 with Fernando seventh and Esteban ninth.

The pair then progressed into Q3 with Fernando in third and Esteban sixth after a strong final effort on Intermediates at the end of the session.

Conditions continued to improve enough for a switch to dry tyres towards the latter stages of the session. Fernando made the change to Softs midway through with his second effort, a 1min 44.204secs, good enough for sixth. Esteban was unable to improve on his lap-time, a 1min 45.865secs on Intermediates, on his only run on Softs and remained in tenth.

Esteban Ocon: "I'm a bit frustrated with today's Qualifying as we weren't able to optimise Q3 in the changing conditions. Ultimately, we didn't put the right tyres on at the right time in Q3 and we missed out on two attempts on Softs at the end. There was definitely potential for more than tenth today as I like these sessions in challenging conditions. On a positive, we have both cars starting in the top ten and it's not a bad starting position to be in. Tomorrow looks dry, but whatever the conditions, we will be ready."

Fernando Alonso: "I'm happy with sixth position in qualifying as the conditions weren't easy out there today. It was very stressful as we've never run in the wet in Sochi. There was no time to experiment and find where the grip was on the track. But, in the end, we were competitive in both wet and damp conditions. I also lost about five tenths of a second on my final lap in Q3, so I could have qualified even higher than sixth. Tomorrow will be difficult because we have several very fast cars starting behind us, but I'm looking forward to the challenge."

Davide Brivio, Racing Director: "At the end we have come out of a difficult Qualifying with both cars in Q3 inside the top ten, which is a positive. We had the potential to be a little bit higher up as Fernando made a small mistake on the last lap, which cost him some time, and Esteban needed one more lap on the dry tyres right at the end of the session. All the same we are in good shape for tomorrow, when the conditions will be very different, hopefully dry, so we can consolidate our points-scoring run of 13 races."

https://www.pitpass.com/70845/Russia...m-notes-Alpine

Russian GP: Qualifying team notes - Ferrari

Carlos Sainz and Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow put on a great performance in qualifying for the Russian Grand Prix at Sochi. The Spaniard secured the best result of his Formula 1 career, qualifying on the front row for the very first time. Charles Leclerc only took part in Q1, even though he made it through to the next part, given that he starts from the back of the grid tomorrow because of taking on a new power unit. He just did a few laps to get a feel for the SF21 on a wet track.

In Q3, some parts of the track were still damp, but a dry line was emerging. Carlos put in a timed lap on intermediate tyres but then he and the team chose the almost perfect moment to switch to slicks. Carlos pitted to take on a set of new Softs, going back out knowing he had enough time to do two warm-up laps to get the tyres up to temperature. With just seconds remaining before the chequered flag, he started a flying lap right on the limit, setting an excellent time of 1'42"510, for which he was eventually rewarded with second place on the starting grid.

Scuderia Ferrari thus has its cars at opposite ends of the grid, with Carlos at the front and Charles at the back of the pack. They can both expect a tough Sunday, with Sainz trying to maintain position, while on the other hand, Charles will be attacking as much as possible, trying to work his way up into the points. The start is at 15.00 local (14.00 CET) and the forecast is for variable conditions, although the current prediction is that it should not rain.

Carlos Sainz: It's been a tough quali session but I'm proud how we managed the situation to end up putting a great lap together for P2. I like these tricky conditions and I really enjoyed that last attempt on the slicks. We were one of the first ones to cross the line and the wait until P2 was confirmed was tense, as the track was drying quickly! Front row for tomorrow is a good result, and I'm happy, but I would have preferred to keep pole!

Tomorrow it's very likely to be dry and we had a decent pace yesterday. Graining on the front tyres will be challenging but I will give it all from the very first lap until the end. Congrats to Lando on his first pole! It's good to start beside him.

Charles Leclerc: The conditions today were not ones we experience very often during a season, but they are those with which, recently, we have struggled the most. So, despite knowing that we would start from the back row tomorrow, we decided it was a good opportunity to get out, rack up some mileage and learn for the future. I think we achieved that goal today.

I really enjoyed driving, as the track had very high grip in the rain and we were quite competitive right from the start. That was good to see. I'm happy for the team and Carlos for the good result today and we will both give it our all in the race.

Laurent Mekies: A very closely contested qualifying, run in very tricky track conditions, ended with one of our drivers on the front row of the grid. Carlos did a very good job on his final lap on dry tyres, as it really wasn't easy to find the right feeling in these conditions. The team worked well with the driver, making the right choices at the right time.

Charles' qualifying was obviously conditioned by the fact that, because of his penalty, he will start from the back of the grid. The choice we made comes at a heavy cost for now, but it will pay off in the coming races. We decided he should at least go out in Q1 so he could check the handling of his car in the wet and in fact Charles was very competitive.

Tomorrow we will start from opposite ends of the grid with Carlos on the front row and Charles on the last one. As usual, our aim is to get the best possible result, trying to make the most of any opportunity that comes our way.

https://www.pitpass.com/70846/Russia...-notes-Ferrari

Russian GP: Qualifying team notes – AlphaTauri

Pierre Gasly: "I don't have too much to say right now, I think we had the pace to easily make it through to Q3, so I'm obviously frustrated. In Q1 I was really fast in these conditions, I felt comfortable in the car and could push straight away. However, for Q2 I stayed out on just one set of tyres, that were completely used by the end of the session. I think this was a big mistake from our side, but I will have to speak to the team to understand more about what happened today. It's a missed opportunity not making it through to Q3, but we now need to look forward to tomorrow and see what we can do to make up lost ground."

Yuki Tsunoda: "I'm fairly pleased with today, I made it through to Q2 which is a step-up for me, particularly after yesterday. My mechanics worked hard last night to get the car in a better position coming into Qualifying today and I felt a bit more confident in the car. Obviously, the conditions were completely different to yesterday's sessions, but we'll hopefully see more improvements tomorrow, in dry conditions."

Claudio Balestri (Chief Engineer - Vehicle Performance): "We knew today was going to be rainy, so we tried to prepare in the best way possible. The morning session was cancelled, which was not ideal, so our first time out in wet conditions was Qualifying. In Q1 we decided to use the Inters and stay out for the whole session with just one set. It was the right strategy, used by most of the teams, and we made it through to Q2 with both cars. The track was drying quickly, and the tyres suffered a bit more than the first Quali session, so we decided to pit Yuki to fit a new set of Inters.

With Pierre we decided to stay out, unfortunately it didn't pay off, and he couldn't make it to Q3. We cannot be satisfied, as there was a good opportunity today to start from a good grid position, especially with Pierre. We can't change today's result, so we need to simply focus our attention on the race and move forward as much as we can."

https://www.pitpass.com/70839/Russia...tes-AlphaTauri

Russian GP: Qualifying team notes - Alfa Romeo

Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN endured a difficult afternoon in Sochi, with Kimi Raikkonen and Antonio Giovinazzi qualifying in 16th and 18th respectively for tomorrow's Grand Prix. On a wet circuit after heavy rain drenched the venue for the majority of the day - to the point that the final practice session had to be cancelled - the drivers tip-toed around on intermediate tyres, but couldn't clear Q1.

Kimi and Antonio will gain places due to penalties to other drivers and will aim to make up places in the race.

Frederic Vasseur, Team Principal: "We were very close to a place in Q2 with Kimi but unfortunately, we missed out. The cancellation of FP3 meant we went straight into qualifying. We were on intermediate tyres, like all our rivals, but in the end we missed just that little bit more to make it past the first segment of qualifying. We'll see what the weather looks like tomorrow: we have a long race ahead of us and hopefully we can make up some ground towards the top ten."

Kimi Raikkonen: "The conditions weren't too bad out there but we lacked a bit of grip. The balance of the car was ok, but we were just on the edge all the time - and when that goes over the limit, it goes quickly. The more lap we did the better it got, but in the end we just couldn't get more out of it. We'll try our best tomorrow and see where we can end up."

Antonio Giovinazzi: "A disappointing day in which we couldn't express all our potential. I had an issue with the brakes that made it difficult to drive, especially in the wet and not having run FP3. We need to understand what happened and fix it to have a better day tomorrow. We'll need to see what weather we're going to have and focus on our job. We will have faster cars around us, starting from the back, we will need to stay out of trouble and see how we can progress."

https://www.pitpass.com/70840/Russia...tes-Alfa-Romeo

Russian GP: Qualifying team notes - Haas

Uralkali Haas F1 Team drivers Mick Schumacher and Nikita Mazepin qualified 17th and 19th, respectively, for Sunday's Russian Grand Prix, Round 15 of the 2021 FIA Formula 1 World Championship at Sochi Autodrom - but the duo will start from 15th and 17th on the grid after Charles Leclerc (Scuderia Ferrari) and Nicholas Latifi (Williams), who qualified ahead, will take grid penalties and start from the rear along with Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing) - who failed to set a time in Q1 as he too is exercising a grid penalty.

Torrential rain saw the cancellation of Saturday's final practice session, but more favorable weather above meant qualifying started at the scheduled time of 15:00 local time. Mazepin and Schumacher opted for slightly different strategies around the damp but slowly drying track in Q1. Mazepin ran deeper on his first set of Pirelli Cinturato Green intermediate tires but was limited to two timed runs on his second set when conditions were improving. The Russian set a best lap of 1:53.764 for 19th overall. Schumacher had more time to bed in his second set of inters, the German subsequently posting a 1:49.830 lap to secure 17th on the timesheet.

Nikita Mazepin: "Overall, the session was going good. I wasn't quite sure what we were going to do because I felt like the tires needed quite a lot of laps versus what I felt at Spa. I finally got the balance right, set the steering wheel settings right, got the temperatures in the window to get comfortable, did a decent lap and then we boxed. I was just really struggling out there. That one lap, I felt that the track wasn't quite dry enough to get the tires going but nevertheless the position isn't really that different to what it could have been, but it felt pretty tough to drive. We don't know what the weather's going to do but I think we're ready for dry and wet conditions, so we'll just have to see what's going to happen."

Mick Schumacher: "I was hoping for maybe a secret Q2 appearance, that would've been great. The lap felt ok - I think there were maybe a few mistakes - maybe two or three tenths in it, but that wouldn't have been enough to go to Q2, but at least we're close. A bit frustrated but very happy on the other side and I think we as a team did a great job. I love it, they're the best conditions honestly. You get thrown into the cold water and essentially if you're the fastest to find your way around the track, you will be the fastest on track. I've always enjoyed it, even in the past and hopefully we'll have some rain tomorrow."

Guenther Steiner: "It's actually good that in the end we got in qualifying today so we ran our program and tomorrow morning we can focus on the race. I think qualifying was quite - I wouldn't say difficult - it was somehow straightforward. We went out on inters, we just tried to do the best we could and tried to get the best out of it."

https://www.pitpass.com/70837/Russia...eam-notes-Haas

Russian GP: Qualifying team notes - Williams

George Russell qualified third and Nicholas Latifi 14th for the Russian Grand Prix.
    George continued to improve throughout Q3, setting his initial laps on intermediate tyres before boxing for the soft Pirelli compound to post a fastest time of 1:42.983. Nicholas set his fastest time on his final flying lap of Q1, setting a 1:48.252 on intermediate tyres to progress to Q2. However, the Canadian will start at the back of the grid due to a Power Unit change.

Dave Robson, Head of Vehicle Performance: The weather dominated today as we had all expected. We were happy with what we had done yesterday so didn't lose too much by FP3 being a washout.

With qualifying taking place in damp conditions we were in a similar position to Spa with little to lose and a lot to gain. Both drivers were outstanding throughout, with Nicholas in particular excelling in the difficult conditions of Q1. He was quick throughout and did a great job. Unfortunately, we had to replace his Power Unit overnight and so he will now start the race from the back of the grid. We therefore opted to let him run in Q1 as it gains him valuable experience in these conditions and increased the pressure on our rivals, but in Q2 we decided not to risk the car further. It is a massive shame for Nicholas and his car crew that he couldn't get the most out of his excellent pace today, but he still starts the race tomorrow with a decent car and an opportunity to make good progress. His excellent pace was good reward for the huge effort that his mechanics put in to rebuild his car with the new PU last night. They didn't get the grid slot that they deserved, but the pace was there, and they can take great pride from that.

George had a slightly more precarious transit to Q2, but once there he did an excellent job to make the most of the situation. The car was working well, and he bided his time and was cool throughout. Although we were confident that slicks were the right tyre for the closing stages of Q3, he was instrumental in supporting the decision and recognising that it was the last lap that would be the key lap. As in Spa, we were happy to put everything into one final lap in the best conditions and again it paid off. Tomorrow will be tough in the dry as we have many quicker cars starting behind. However, the car was working quite well at high fuel on Friday and we have a good opportunity to fight with the McLaren and Ferrari; holding on to a top three place will be very difficult, but we are going to give it a damn good go.

George Russell: P3 is an incredible result and the team did an amazing job once again. We're riding a wave at the moment and it feels pretty great! It's high risk and high reward in situations like these but I knew it would be slicks for the end of the session. I managed to get the tyres in a good window and was building up to the limit to give it everything I had on the last lap.

Many people have said in the past that third is the best place to start in Sochi. I won't be doing anything crazy but if there's an opportunity there tomorrow I'll go for it. It's going to be a very tricky race but I'll be defending hard and picking my battles. We've got to look forward but also be realistic as we've got some very fast cars behind us. It's not going to be easy but I will be doing my best.

Nicholas Latifi: The pace felt very strong today. You never know how well you'll be able to switch on the tyres in the wet weather, but when I first hit the brakes I could tell the grip was there and it felt good, which clearly wasn't the case for everyone. Even on a track that was constantly improving, the lap I set in the middle of Q1 was enough to get me through to Q2. Seeing what was possible in Q1 makes it more frustrating to be starting from the back of the grid due to the Power Unit change, but that's racing sometimes. I'll be pushing hard tomorrow to make up as many positions as I can in the race.

https://www.pitpass.com/70844/Russia...notes-Williams

Russian GP: Qualifying team notes - Pirelli

As heavy rain meant that there was no medical helicopter cover this morning, FP3 was cancelled and drivers went straight into qualifying today. They used the Cinturato Green intermediate tyres for the bulk of the session, before moving onto the P Zero Red soft C5 for just the final run in Q3 - which set up a dramatic finale. Alpine's Fernando Alonso was the only driver to use the Cinturato Blue full wet, at the beginning of Q1.

With the track improving rapidly, McLaren driver Lando Norris using the softs claimed his debut pole on the final run ahead of Ferrari's Carlos Sainz and Williams driver George Russell.

As the wet-weather tyres were used during Q2, drivers will have a free choice of starting tyre tomorrow.

Conditions were cool and damp throughout qualifying, finishing off with temperatures of 13 degrees centigrade ambient and 16 degrees centigrade on track. With a threat of rain hanging over the session, drivers started by concentrating on long runs and registering some lap times as quickly as possible, in case conditions worsened.

If it's dry, the 53-lap Russian Grand Prix should be one-stop race, unless there's a safety car or any other anomaly.

The pit lane time loss is quite big in Sochi at around 25 seconds: another factor that drives teams towards a one-stopper. Tomorrow they should all be able to run the theoretically optimal tyre strategy, as wet conditions in qualifying mean that every driver has a free choice of start tyre, rather than having to go with their Q2 best time tyre.

Medium C4 to hard C3 is set to be the preferred strategy, also because this allows the greatest degree of flexibility, with a wide pit stop window that maximises opportunities to take advantage of safety cars or other race circumstances. Soft C5 to hard C3 is also a viable possibility, while soft C5 to medium C4 is marginal in terms of wear.

As always, there's the option to do something completely different and start on the hard compound before switching to a softer compound much later in the race, but that is more of an unknown quantity. This might be a good option for those starting lower down the grid, to carry out a longer first stint. With two of the frontrunners starting at the back due to engine changes, it will be interesting to see which tactics they choose.

Mario Isola: "Qualifying was tricky, with a low-grip surface that took a long time to dry and made it difficult to determine the crossover point, until right at the end of Q3 when it was finally dry enough for slicks. Tomorrow's conditions look set to be dry, meaning that teams will have to rely on the data accumulated on Friday, with one session less of running compared to usual. All drivers will have a free choice of tyres at the start, which means that they should be able to run the optimal one-stop strategy. With some fast drivers starting from the back, who might try something different, plus a slightly different top three on the grid, it should be a very intriguing race."

https://www.pitpass.com/70841/Russia...-notes-Pirelli

Entradas de blog

Cita Iniciado por GoVal Ver mensaje
    ¿Se apuntará algún Mercedes a salir desde el fondo de la parrilla?

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 1h

Three drivers at the back who have PU penalties, Latifi, Leclerc and Verstappen. Toto Wolff hinted at another change for Bottas, who took a new PU in Monza... Some suggestions in the paddock that Hamilton might be the one who changes. He can race through the pack with Max...

Pues al final han apuntado a Bottas para que frene a Verstappen en su remontada. Yo soy Bottas y no lo aguanto detrás más de dos vueltas.

Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS F1 Team @MercedesAMGF1 · 38min

UPDATE: @ValtteriBottas will start the #RussianGP from P17 after taking his fifth Power Unit of the season. The Team has taken the tactical opportunity to add another PU into VB's pool for the remainder of the season.

Confirmación de la utilización del 5º ICE, Turbo y MGU-H en el coche de Bottas por lo que penaliza 15 posiciones. Saldrá por delante de Latifi, Leclerc y Verstappen.

Giovinazzi sustituye la caja de cambios. Penaliza 5 posiciones pero sólo perderá posición con Mazepin por las penalizaciones «más gordas» de los demás.

Juegos disponibles para la carrera y mejores estrategias según Pirelli.

Etiquetas para este tema