Página 3 de 4 PrimerPrimer 1234 ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 61 al 90 de 110

Tema: F1 2021 - G.P. Nº 19 - BRASIL

Bruji Piruji Avatar de GoVal

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PRÊMIO DE SÃO PAULO 2021 - Interlagos - São Paulo
    Resultados CALIFICACIÓN AL SPRINT
    Sábado, 13 de noviembre de 2021

Valtteri BOTTAS hace una gran salida y logra la victoria, lo que le coloca en la primera posición en la parrilla de salida de mañana.

Max VERSTAPPEN tuvo un problema de sincronización de la caja de cambios en la salida y perdió posición con Bottas y con Carlos Sainz, que hizo una salida excelente. Encima, ambos iban con el blando por el medio de Verstappen. Logró recuperar la posición con Sainz pero le fue imposible adelantar a Bottas, y es que los neumáticos blandos no desfalleceron lo que los que montaron medios tenían previsto.

SAINZ ha comentado que por fin ha hecho una gran salida con el Ferrari, que era una asignatura pendiente para él. No solo hizo una gran salida, sino que logró mantener tras él a Checo PÉREZ, logrando cruzar la meta en tercera posición y llevarse el último punto en disputa en esta sesión.

Gran remontada la de Lewis HAMILTON, que en media hora de carrera ha remontado 15 posiciones para cruzar la meta 5º tras salir último. Además, la sensación que ha dado es que lo ha hecho con una superioridad que asusta de cara a mañana, cuando saldrá 10º después de aplicarle la sanción de 5 posiciones por montar su quinto ICE.

El último piloto que adelantó Hamilton fue NORRIS, que ha terminado 6º, por delante de LECLERC y GASLY.

En la 9ª posición ha cruzado la meta OCON, que aprovechó sus neumáticos blandos en la salida y luego logró mantener a VETTEL, RICCIARDO y ALONSO detrás.

Tras Fernando ha cruzado la meta GIOVINAZZI, que en el inicio de la carrera, adelantando precisamente a Fernando, tocó a RAIKKONNEN, haciendo que trompeara y mandándolo último. Mientras Giovinazzi perdía la posición con Alonso, Kimi sólo pudo adelantar a los dos Haas, terminando 18º.

Estos son los que se pasaron en la curva 4 durante la calificación al sprint.

Menudo cachondeito con lo de tocar los coches en parque cerrado.

Vettel: "Ok, thank you. I'm gonna touch Lewis' rear wing"
    Ingeniero: "Don't you dare. Very expensive"
    Vettel: "I'm joking. I try the front wing, maybe it's 25 grands"

La conversación por radio:

https://twitter.com/vettelcomfmedia/...15094170697731

Administrator Avatar de McHouserphy
    Los números de la Spring Race, digo, Sprint Race de Sao Paulo:

Buscando la imperfección perfecta...

Cita Iniciado por GoVal Ver mensaje
    Gran remontada la de Lewis HAMILTON, que en media hora de carrera ha remontado 15 posiciones para cruzar la meta 5º tras salir último. Además, la sensación que ha dado es que lo ha hecho con una superioridad que asusta de cara a mañana, cuando saldrá 10º después de aplicarle la sanción de 5 posiciones por montar su quinto ICE.
    Eso me ha parecido a mi, que aun saliendo 10º, lo veo candidato a la victoria claro, especialmente si Valteri cumple en la salida, la clave total.

Cita Iniciado por GoVal Ver mensaje
    Menudo cachondeito con lo de tocar los coches en parque cerrado.

Vettel: "Ok, thank you. I'm gonna touch Lewis' rear wing"
    Ingeniero: "Don't you dare. Very expensive"
    Vettel: "I'm joking. I try the front wing, maybe it's 25 grands"

jajajaja, no es para menos el cachondeo, que crack Sebastian...

Moderator Avatar de llumia
    Northern Kingdom Mountains. Where neither the eagles even dare.
    Entradas de blog
    Impresiones de los equipos tras la Carrera al 'Sprint':

Brazil GP: Sprint team notes - Mercedes

Mercedes-AMG Petronas won its second consecutive Sprint with Valtteri Bottas, while Lewis Hamilton charged from P20 to P5 at the flag.

Valtteri claimed the lead at the start and then drove a commanding race to finish P1, taking his 20th career pole position. Lewis charged from P20 to P5 at the flag, meaning he will start the race from P10.

The drivers completed 16 overtakes during an otherwise processional Sprint qualifying. Valtteri's three points represented a valuable addition to the constructors' championship.

Valtteri Bottas: Today the start was the key thing for me and I got a good one! We gambled a little bit with the soft tyre. We knew that it would be a benefit for the start and it worked and it was all about trying to survive until the end. It was quite tricky in the final laps but Max still struggled to follow in the corners, so I'm glad it worked out perfectly. The support here from the fans has been amazing here, so thank you as well to everybody who came out today!

Lewis Hamilton: Honestly, I had no idea what was possible today - I didn't set a limit or a maximum. When I was at the back of the grid at the start before we pulled away for the formation lap, I think I might have been able to see like, 10 and I was like 'okay, that's my goal, I've got to try and get up as far as possible' but then all of a sudden I was chipping away at it much faster and I really used a lot of different things for motivation today. I just never give up, you can't ever give up. It has been tough today: while the team was working away, talking with the stewards, I was just trying focus on my work with my engineers and keeping the morale with my mechanics high and just focusing on the job at hand. Not thinking about it. Of course, it was devastating when I heard about the verdict but you can't let that hold you back. You've got to keep your head down and keep going. I quickly reset, got my mind focussed on doing what I could do and just giving it my everything.

Toto Wolff: Sometimes after the greatest frustrations with this sport, you can forget the politics for a moment and watch great racing. Valtteri was totally in control today - a great car, the right tyres, good straight-line speed - and he was just brilliant, not letting the other guy close. As for Lewis, he made 15 overtakes to finish P5 and it was a fantastic drive. Looking at the penalty: the car was tested yesterday and then two hours before today's race, we got the information that we had been disqualified. That was disappointing because there is a modus operandi in the sport, and we had a car that we do not consider was in breach of the technical regulations. In the past, we have seen teams given permission to repair this kind of failure, and at the last two race weekends, we have seen permission granted to make repairs to damaged wings during the qualifying session, which equally operates under parc ferme. We believe our wing was damaged on track but instead we were reported to the Stewards. After that, the Stewards did the job they were asked to and their argument needs to be respected; therefore, we decided not to appeal, also because it would have put the entire weekend's results at risk, and we must take it on the chin and understand that this goes both ways. Looking to the Grand Prix, I believe we have a good car, and it was encouraging to see we can overtake, although it will be a different game tomorrow in hotter conditions. Lewis will start P10 with his engine penalty and Valtteri will be on pole and gunning for the win. It's certainly a much more encouraging picture than it looked to be before the sprint race.

Andrew Shovlin: It's been long, busy and difficult day but we finished on a high. A fantastic drive from Valtteri to secure pole for tomorrow. It was a calculated risk starting on the soft tyre but it worked well for us in the morning and the grip off the line helped us take the lead. Valtteri then had his work cut out to hold Max at bay with a tyre that ultimately has more degradation but he managed it brilliantly. Lewis had an equally impressive race; finding out that you have been moved from P1 to P20 shortly before the race starts is not an easy outcome to deal with but he attacked every inch of the way and has put himself back in contention for a strong result tomorrow. It was also encouraging to see the car working so well again, the conditions were quite cool and that may have helped us to follow closely but it certainly seems that we have good pace around this track. Winning these championships will be one of the toughest challenges we have ever faced but today reminds us why we must never give up.

https://www.pitpass.com/71275/Brazil...notes-Mercedes

Brazil GP: Sprint team notes - Red Bull

Max Verstappen: "We started on the harder compound and as soon as I saw Valtteri was on the softs I knew it would be quite tricky to keep position, especially in these colder track temperatures. After the first lap we had good pace but it's hard to overtake here and the tyres overheat a lot so there's not much you can do so I ended up sitting behind. At the end of the day I always try to do the best I can and it was good to score a few points today. Tomorrow is the important day and it will be different when we have more options with pit strategies. Let's see what happens tomorrow, it's going to be quite a bit warmer so hopefully that will be better for us but it's difficult to say at the moment."

Sergio Perez: "It was difficult to get past Carlos Sainz today, I thought I was going to get him quite easily, but I couldn't get the exit right in the final corner and that effected my ability to pass him. We were expecting to hold them back at the start but that wasn't the case in the end. The main issue I was having today was that Sainz was always getting a good exit out of the final corner while my tyres were overheating. The straight-line speed of the Ferrari was quite strong too. Tomorrow is the race that matters, there is still a lot to play for and we can take more risks than today. I could have made up that position today but it would have involved taking too many risks, more than I would like. I would like to move forwards in the race tomorrow, we will be pushing from the start and try to make the progress we want. It's important to have a good starting position tomorrow and then work from there, I hope I can get through the Ferrari quickly and have good pace from lap one. We will learn from what we have done today and be stronger tomorrow."

Christian Horner, CEO and Team Principal: "We got two points today and they will be vital in the championship battle, so that's a positive. Mercedes' speed today is no great surprise, it has been coming for a few races now. In Turkey it started to appear and in Mexico their straight-line speed was about 14km quicker than us at the end of the straight. We saw it again yesterday, and in a straight-line nobody can live with them. But tomorrow is a different race. It looks like track conditions will be hotter and strategy will be key, we need to get a good start into turn one. We were on the medium tyres today and so we still have the softs to come, and as always in Brazil, anything can happen come race day. We've got to get our heads down and concentrate on what we do. We need to have both cars up there challenging for points. We are on the front row with Max and Checo is right behind him, so we are going to go for it and see what we can come away with."

https://www.pitpass.com/71268/Brazil...notes-Red-Bull

Brazil GP: Sprint team notes - McLaren

Lando Norris: "A good day for us with two positions gained. One on a very important competitor, which is the Ferrari, and one on the AlphaTauri, so we've given ourselves the best opportunity to score some big points tomorrow. There were some positives and negatives from today in terms of how the car was and how confident I was pushing the car. We'll try to make improvements overnight and see if we can come out even stronger tomorrow. We did everything we could. Even though we didn't quite have the pace of the Ferraris, we still managed to get ahead of one of them. We'll try even harder tomorrow."

Daniel Ricciardo: "The start itself was alright but the inside line into Turn One got a bit bottled-up and the positioning wasn't so good. I'll have a look at that and make sure I get on top of it for tomorrow. We want to try to move forward, so we'll see what we can do. I'll learn from today and come back fighting in the race.
    "

Andreas Seidl, Team Principal: "Mixed results today in sprint qualifying. Lando had a good sprint, moving forwards, which was the objective, overtaking Gasly and Leclerc. Daniel unfortunately got boxed-in at Turn One and lost momentum and positions because of that, before being stuck in a DRS train for pretty much the entire race.
    "Execution from the team was good today, and the positive is that, in terms of pace, we were in a position to fight with the cars around us. Points are on offer tomorrow, and we're fully focused now on race preparation. We're looking forward to an exciting Sao Paulo Grand Prix."

https://www.pitpass.com/71274/Brazil...-notes-McLaren

Brazil GP: Sprint team notes - Aston Martin

Sebastian Vettel: "I made a good start and gained a couple of places, but we had to fight hard to stay there with fast cars, such as the McLaren [of Daniel Ricciardo], behind us. I was in the train of cars, benefiting from the DRS, which certainly helped. The race pace was decent but starting on the Medium meant that we were faster towards the end [compared with those on Softs]. I think it will be similar tomorrow. It is a long race, and we will need to fight hard to score points because there are some quicker cars, including Lewis [Hamilton], behind us."

Lance Stroll: "We have moved up a place for tomorrow's race, which is a positive. There was not a lot of action around us at the start, so we were still P15 after the first lap. Then, at the end, [Yuki] Tsunoda started to suffer on the Softs in front of us, while we had managed our Mediums pretty well. He lost DRS from the car in front of him and we got him on the last lap, so I think it was probably the right thing to do [starting on the Mediums]. It was tough to overtake today, but it is a long race and anything can happen at this circuit, so maybe there will be a few opportunities for us tomorrow. We will see what we can do from P14 and aim to make up a few places."

Otmar Szafnauer, CEO & Team Principal: "Sebastian made a great start to be ninth on lap one, while Lance consolidated his P15 grid slot. Meanwhile, Lewis [Hamilton] was on an impressive charge from the back of the field, passing Lance early on and Seb on lap 15, which pushed Seb down to P10. There he remained until the end of the sprint, which result leaves him well placed to drive for good points in tomorrow's feature race [P9 on tomorrow's grid as a result of a five-place penalty for Hamilton]. Lance harried [Yuki] Tsunoda throughout all 24 laps, despite reporting issues with understeer and less than optimal traction, but Yuki defended well. Even so, Lance was able to force his way past on the final lap, so he will start tomorrow's feature race from P14. Like Seb, he will be aiming to score points for us tomorrow."

https://www.pitpass.com/71270/Brazil...s-Aston-Martin

Brazil GP: Sprint team notes - Alpine

Alpine F1 Team will start tomorrow's Sao Paulo Grand Prix with Esteban Ocon eighth and Fernando Alonso twelfth on the grid after an exciting Sprint Qualifying at Interlagos.
    Both drivers opted for differing strategies for the third ever Sprint Qualifying in Formula 1 history, with Esteban starting from tenth on Softs and Fernando in ninth on Mediums.
    Esteban was quick out the blocks and gained two places during the opening lap after a bold and well executed move at Turns 1 and 2.

Meanwhile, Fernando - the star of the Silverstone Sprint in July - couldn't recover from a difficult start and dropped outside the top ten positions on lap one.

A lap later, Fernando faced the two battling Alfa Romeos into Turn 1 and narrowly avoided the pair. He momentarily moved up to eleventh after a smooth pass on Antonio Giovinazzi, but a fast charging Lewis Hamilton took the position back with an overtake into Turn 1 on lap 8.

Esteban fell victim to the rocket Mercedes a few laps later and dropped down to ninth. For the remainder of the Sprint he managed his pace very well and secured ninth position at the chequered flag, but he will inherit eighth on the grid tomorrow with Hamilton's five-place grid penalty.

Esteban Ocon: "Today was good and I think we had a strong Sprint Qualifying. I was happy with how the whole Sprint unfolded and we've put ourselves in a solid position on the grid for tomorrow. After a mega launch off the line we gained a few places through Turns 1 and 2 and then we were putting pressure on the Alpha Tauri ahead for most of the race. It was very positive today and it's promising signs ahead of tomorrow. The car felt competitive so the aim will be to carry that forward for the main race. Our race pace looks strong, we have another free choice on starting tyre for tomorrow so we'll assess our options and see what we can do in the race."

Fernando Alonso: "We started with the Medium tyres and maybe it wasn't the best for the race start, but we decided as a team to split the strategy. We lost a few positions into turn one and then found ourselves stuck in traffic for the rest of the Sprint. It's difficult to overtake here and you need quite a big advantage to make progress. I think when you put the cars in performance order it'll finish how you expect. And seeing Hamilton charge through the field it was perhaps more exciting for the fans to watch and shows what potentially could be done with the format. The points are on offer tomorrow so we can't be too disheartened with the result today. What is clear is we need to make sure our start is good as that can make a big impact on the race."

Alan Permane, Sporting Director: "On the whole, it was a good Sprint Qualifying for us. While converting ninth and tenth on the grid to ninth and twelfth at the flag doesn't look particularly good, for our championship fight it's very promising as the pace of the car looked much improved and competitive. Both drivers felt their cars were quick and they were happy with their set-ups. We thought we would lose a place to Lewis [Hamilton] starting from the back, but he came through a lot quicker than we thought he would. Esteban had a flying start and from there he was tucked behind Pierre [Gasly] for the whole Sprint and with another two or three laps he felt he could have overtaken him. That bodes well for tomorrow because it's a longer race and there will be more opportunities to get past him. Today gives us a clue for tomorrow. Recently, the Alpha Tauri has been too quick for us and while they beat us today, we were right there with them. It's important tomorrow to outscore them - that's our objective - and we'll be doing everything we can to do that."

https://www.pitpass.com/71272/Brazil...m-notes-Alpine
    Brazil GP: Sprint team notes - Ferrari

Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow picked up a point in the Sprint Qualifying for the Sao Paulo Grand Prix, courtesy of a nice third place for Carlos Sainz. Charles Leclerc finished seventh.

In footballing terms, the Scuderia ended the first half of this weekend one-nil up compared to its closest rivals thanks to one point scored by its Spanish driver. The lead over McLaren is now 14.5 points and tomorrow, while it's true that Norris starts ahead of Charles, who lines up in the same grid position as today, Ricciardo lost three places compared to his grid position this afternoon.

There is still the matter of 71 laps to determine the outcome of this weekend and the race will be tough and intense on this difficult and tricky track. Obviously, the main aim is to consolidate third place in the Constructors' championship. The engineers will now be working hard to prepare for the race, making the most of the experience gained over the past 24 hours. One unknown factor will be the weather as it is expected to be much hotter tomorrow than this afternoon.

Carlos Sainz: That was a very good Sprint Qualifying for me after one of my best starts of the season. I feel starts are one of my strengths, and I have been working a lot this year to nail them with this car. Going for the Soft tyre was a 50/50 choice. We knew they would be good for the first two or three laps but from then on tyre management and defense would be critical.

I managed to find the right balance between pushing at the start and maintaining a stable pace after that. The slightest mistake and the Red Bull could have overtaken us easily as they had a much faster pace. It was very difficult to keep Checo behind, but I'm happy I managed it, because it gives us an extra point and a good opportunity tomorrow. The race will be tough, but I'll try to keep up this pace and let's see if we can hold on and bring home a good result.

Charles Leclerc: We still have some work to do ahead of the race to understand why we could not reproduce the good pace that we had on the Mediums this morning. The Softs may have been a small advantage at the start, but we expected the Mediums to be better later on. Unfortunately, the temperatures dropped at one point and we started struggling, especially with the fronts.

The race is tomorrow though, so our full focus is on that and we will work out where we can improve to fight our way up the order.

Laurent Mekies, Racing Director: All in all, Sprint Qualifying went reasonably well for us, with one championship point to extend our third place advantage. Carlos drove a great race, starting with an incisive attack on the opening lap and then defending in fantastic fashion in his long duel with Perez, which went on for almost 20 laps. Thanks to a great job from the driver and the progress made with the car, especially since the introduction of the new hybrid system, he was able to stay ahead of a Red Bull that had the advantage of DRS and a tyre compound that in theory should have been better over distance.

We decided to start Charles on the Medium and he also got off the line very well, but then he was not completely happy with the car and dropped one place down from his grid position. He will regain that for tomorrow's start because another driver has a grid penalty. Now it's down to us to improve the car so he can get the very best out of it.
    We can expect a very demanding race tomorrow but we are starting from a solid base in terms of our grid positions and the overall performance of the team and drivers. We have a clear goal for this final part of the season and we will do our utmost to achieve it.

https://www.pitpass.com/71271/Brazil...-notes-Ferrari

Brazil GP: Sprint team notes - AlphaTauri

Pierre Gasly: "We had a terrible start today, I lost three positions into Turn 1 and just didn't have the pace to come back at the Ferraris and McLaren. It clearly wasn't the start of the race we expected, so we'll look at what we can do better for tomorrow. That wasn't the easiest day for us, especially as the last few laps on the soft tyre were really difficult. As you know, it's never over until the chequered flag, so we'll look at the strategy tonight and do everything we can to come back stronger tomorrow."

Yuki Tsunoda: "I'm not happy with today. I lost too many positions on the first lap and after that I couldn't maximise the performance from the soft tyre. Due to the format this weekend, I haven't completed that many laps here, but I learnt a lot from today that I can take away and look at tonight ahead of the race tomorrow."

Guillaume Dezoteux (Head of Vehicle Performance): "We completed a good programme this morning during FP2, managing to compare the medium and soft tyres on both cars. We also carried out our pit stop training, which is very useful for the drivers and mechanics, in preparation for the race tomorrow. The tyre choice for Sprint Qualifying was a complicated one and generated some heated discussions between us.

For Yuki, it was pretty clear a soft tyre would help us to attack at the start of the sprint however the situation was less straightforward for Pierre. Starting from P4, we had to weigh up the risk between a strong start on the Softs or a more consistent race on the Mediums, with more performance available from the tyres in the last laps.

Unfortunately, it didn't go well for us. Both cars lost positions in the first lap, despite being on the softest tyre and once the situation settled, we were not seeing the pace we had expected. Pierre finished eighth, still in front of both Alpines, which is important for the race tomorrow, and Yuki finished 15th after losing a position to Stroll in the last laps. We will analyse the data in detail tonight to understand why we were struggling more this afternoon and what our approach for tomorrow should be. The race will be more difficult, as we are starting further back, but we still have a chance to score useful points."

https://www.pitpass.com/71267/Brazil...tes-AlphaTauri

Brazil GP: Sprint team notes - Alfa Romeo

Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN had mixed results in Sprint qualifying for the Brazilian Grand Prix, as Antonio Giovinazzi made up one place from his starting position to finish 13th, while Kimi Raikkonen was 18th after having to recover from the back as a result of a collision and spin in the opening phases.

Both drivers, starting in 13th (Kimi) and 14th (Antonio) gained a place at the start and displayed good pace; a lap into the race, however, as they both overtook Alonso, they made contact with each other at the apex of turn one, resulting in a spin sending Kimi to the bottom of the standings.

The Finn was able to recover two places by the chequered flag, finishing 18th, while Antonio only lost one place, to a recovering Lewis Hamilton, on his way to 13th. They will start from these positions in tomorrow's race, with the aim to make progress and be in the fight for the points.

Frederic Vasseur, Team Principal: "We did a good job at the start and things were looking promising until the contact between Antonio and Kimi. They had both made a good move on Alonso and it's a pity they made contact in turn one, as that put Kimi right at the back of the pack. The rest of the race was pretty straightforward, as positions remained quite static until the end, so we could have had the chance to gain one place with both cars ahead of tomorrow's race. The result leaves us with mixed feelings - we are happy with Antonio's race, but disappointed Kimi was caught up in that contact and lost places."

Kimi Raikkonen: "I had a good start and I thought I could make some more progress when I had the contact with Antonio. I went outside Alonso, he went on the inside and by the time we were at turn one, I couldn't really see what was happening on the inside. We had the smallest of touches but that was enough to spin me around, that's about it. Of course, this doesn't help for tomorrow's race. It won't be easy starting from 18th but we'll try our best to make up some ground."

Antonio Giovinazzi: "The sprint result wasn't too bad, P13 is not the greatest but we can put up a good fight from there. I am happy about how the race went and I am looking forward to seeing what we can do tomorrow. As for the incident with Kimi, it's a shame we made contact: I don't really know what happened - we were three-wide on the straight, I took the inside and then suddenly I saw Kimi on the outside. We touched tyres, I tried to avoid that but there wasn't really anything I could do: I was on the inside and braked as normal. Unfortunately, I also picked some front wing damage, which gave me a lot of understeer in the last corner. Now let's focus on the race: we'll give our best, the race here in Brazil is always an exciting one so it's hard to know what to expect."

https://www.pitpass.com/71281/Brazil...tes-Alfa-Romeo

Brazil GP: Sprint team notes - Haas

Uralkali Haas F1 Team drivers Mick Schumacher and Nikita Mazepin finished Saturday's 100km Sprint qualifying event in 19th and 20th, respectively, ahead of the Sao Paulo Grand Prix at Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace in Brazil.

Schumacher and Mazepin started the third and final Sprint of the season one position higher up than their Friday qualifying classification, following Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes' disqualification for a technical non-conformity related to DRS deployment.
    As the race began, positions changed aplenty out in front with Hamilton starting his charge through the order. Both VF-21s started the Sprint on Pirelli P Zero Red soft tires - subsequently staying within a second of their rivals throughout the first lap.

With the Alfa Romeo team-mates touching up ahead, the result being Raikkonen pitching into a spin on lap 2, Schumacher and Mazepin each gained a position temporarily, with the Finn then overtaking Mazepin on lap 5 on the start-finish straight, mirroring the move a lap later on Schumacher.

As the focus of the Sprint turned to preserving life in the tires, Schumacher and Mazepin settled into a rhythm, posting consistent lap times, bringing both cars home safely to the checkered flag.

Nikita Mazepin: "We went with the C4 tire, which was a bit of a gamble. I think the first few laps were quite good. I had the opportunity to come very close to Mick, we were battling for four corners side-by-side, I really felt that was the right time to react but unfortunately the rear tires were struggling by that point onwards. I tried to use my chance, it didn't really work, but in the grand scheme of things it's quite difficult for us at this track to battle with the likes of the Williams and the Alfas."

Mick Schumacher: "Maybe in hindsight there was a faster strategy but we wanted to make sure we had a good start and a good first lap, which we still had, but we didn't get by anybody. It didn't pay off this time, but we have another go. Overall, it was a lesson in learning how the soft tires handled, and we know what we need. Nothing's lost, the race is tomorrow."

Guenther Steiner: "An exciting start for us - we almost got past at least one Williams, but then it was just not enough. Starting on the soft tires was a good choice, we tried to get by, couldn't do it and then we fell back, but the distance to the people close to us was smaller than normal, so that was encouraging and neither driver made any mistakes, nothing. They tried always to get on the limit with the tires and obviously we needed to manage the rears a lot because they overheated, but both came back with clean cars and ready for tomorrow."

https://www.pitpass.com/71266/Brazil...eam-notes-Haas

Brazil GP: Sprint team notes - Williams

Nicholas Latifi finished 16th and George Russell 17th in today's Sprint Qualifying for the Sao Paulo Grand Prix. Nicholas lined up 16th and George 17th, both on the medium Pirelli tyres.

After both drivers lost a position to the fast-starting Lewis Hamilton on the opening lap, they both gained a place back due to a spin for Kimi Raikkonen later in the session and subsequently came home in the positions they started.

Dave Robson, Head of Vehicle Performance: It was a relatively straightforward day for us. We gained a place to Raikkonen through the Sprint Qualifying session and we did no damage to the cars. There was a good mix of tyre choices, with those starting on the Qualifying compound struggling by the end. We opted to start both cars on the Option, which was still going strong at the end of the race. Unfortunately, we needed another lap or two to catch Tsunoda and Giovinazzi. The race tomorrow will be held in quite different conditions to today's session and the high track temperature will require more tyre management. We still anticipate a range of viable strategies tomorrow, which could make the race interesting.

Nicholas Latifi: We were lacking pace today in Sprint Qualifying so I couldn't really challenge anyone ahead. If there had been one more lap, I could've possibly caught Yuki Tsunoda ahead but, having said that, we were struggling slightly with our tyres too. It will be a long race tomorrow but a lot can happen here in Brazil, so we'll have to see if any opportunities present themselves and be ready to take advantage of them.

George Russell: I had a bit of a battle out there but unfortunately it was a pretty processional Sprint Qualifying session for us today. In these short stints, it's hard to gain a big tyre difference that gives you a chance to overtake. I think there will be some different strategies tomorrow which will offer opportunities, but we're struggling for pace overall this weekend so we will have to see.

https://www.pitpass.com/71273/Brazil...notes-Williams

Brazil GP: Sprint team notes - Pirelli

Mercedes driver Valtteri Bottas won the third and final Sprint Qualifying this year, having started from second on the grid with three-lap old P Zero Red soft tyres. The Finn took advantage of its extra speed to claim the inside of the first corner and take the lead from Red Bull's Max Verstappen (on pole with a new set of P Zero Yellow mediums). Bottas then managed his tyres successfully to the finish.

Ferrari's Carlos Sainz finished third, also on the soft tyre, making it two soft tyre runners on the Sprint Qualifying podium.

The other Mercedes of Lewis Hamilton was sent to the back of the grid for a technical infringement but made up 15 places during Sprint Qualifying after starting on the medium tyre. He will begin tomorrow's grand prix with a five-place grid penalty following an engine change.

There was a wide split of starting tyres for the 24-lap Sprint Qualifying, with 11 of the drivers on the medium C3 and the other nine on the soft C4.

Sprint Qualifying weather conditions were similar to yesterday's FP1 and 20 degrees lower than FP2, getting underway in 18 degrees centigrade ambient and 30 degrees of track temperature.

The final free practice session took place this afternoon, with Alpine's Fernando Alonso going fastest on the soft tyre ahead of Verstappen. Most of the work in that session concentrated on preparation both for sprint qualifying, with the teams assessing whether to start on the soft or the medium, and for tomorrow's race.

Possible Race Strategies
    Tomorrow all the compounds can play a key role. The fastest strategy for the 71-lap Brazilian Grand Prix should be a two-stopper but a lot will depend on track temperature; the weather should be a little warmer. Today the P Zero Red soft and P Zero Yellow medium tyres showed similar performance but higher levels of wear than expected. On paper, a two-stopper using the medium followed by two sets of P Zero White hard should be the fastest option. Another possibility (really close in terms of overall race time) is to use all three compounds: starting on the medium and then using the hard for the central stint, before finishing on the soft. But a one-stop is another possibility. This could be medium to hard, to benefit from a long opening stint and gain track position, or alternatively soft to hard (although this would require more management, with the cars full of fuel at the start of the race). Under Sprint Qualifying regulations, the drivers are allowed to start the grand prix on whichever compound they choose, irrespective of the tyres used in Sprint Qualifying today.

Mario Isola: "The high level of track evolution together with the average track temperatures brought back the soft as an option for Sprint Qualifying. The extra speed of the soft tyre might have helped at the beginning, with the Mercedes of Bottas as well as the Ferrari of Sainz making excellent starts to move into the top two positions. It then became a question of managing the soft tyre in the later stages of the race, which Bottas achieved brilliantly to win Sprint Qualifying and start tomorrow's grand prix from pole. For tomorrow, due to forecasted warmer track temperatures, we're expecting what should in theory be a two-stop race with all compounds able to play a role. With both soft and medium compounds used extensively during Sprint Qualifying and many teams splitting their strategies, there will be plenty of data to analyse tonight."

https://www.pitpass.com/71269/Brazil...-notes-Pirelli
    Alonso carried his Renault to third place in Singapore. After Vettel and Rosberg wrecked their own races, he seized a podium from a car that did not deserve it.

That is the difference between the great and the merely good.

Martin Brundle (Sing '09)

"Alonso has been brilliant all weekend, absolutely brilliant". "A driver not always easyto love, but very easy to admire".

Martin Brundle (Sing '10)

Entradas de blog
    Alonso carried his Renault to third place in Singapore. After Vettel and Rosberg wrecked their own races, he seized a podium from a car that did not deserve it.

"Alonso has been brilliant all weekend, absolutely brilliant". "A driver not always easyto love, but very easy to admire".

Entradas de blog
    Resulta irónico que T. Wolff se queje del trato de la FIA:

https://www.pitpass.com/71277/FIA-di...ndi-says-Wolff

Entradas de blog
    Por otro lado, C. Horner, sigue sorprendido con la velocidad en las rectas de LH:

https://www.pitpass.com/71278/Red-Bu...Mercedes-speed

Juegos de neumáticos disponibles para la carrera.

Mejores estrategias según Pirelli.

A Kimi le han dado un premio antes del drivers parade pero ni idea de qué es.

Alerón trasero de nueva especificación para Kimi, por lo que saldrá desde el pit lane.

Todos van a salir con el medio, excepto Tsunoda, que sale con el blando.

Todos los neumáticos son nuevos, menos los de Vettel y Stroll, que montan unos con dos vueltas.

Tsunoda y Stroll juntos, ¿qué podría pasar? Pues que aparezca el coche de seguridad.

Peleando por la victoria.

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PRÊMIO DE SÃO PAULO 2021 - Interlagos - São Paulo
    Resultados CARRERA
    Domingo, 14 de noviembre de 2021

Lewis HAMILTON da un golpe en la mesa y, a pesar de salir 10º, se lleva la victoria en Interlagos. Y lo hace mostrando una superioridad aplastante, tanto en su nivel de conducción como en el nivel de su coche.

Max VERSTAPPEN intentó que Hamilton no le superara, incluso llevandolo a salirse de la pista, pero no pudo evitar lo inevitable viendo la diferencia de ritmo, quedar por detrás de Hamilton. Sigue líder del mundial pero sintiendo el aliento de Lewis en la nuca.

BOTTAS no tuvo una buena salida y se vió superado por los dos Red Bull. La aparición de un coche de seguridad virtual en el mejor momento para él, justo cuando tenía que hacer la primera parada, le permitió salir por delante de Checo Pérez y cruzar la meta en tercera posición.

Checo PÉREZ hizo unas buenas primeras vueltas al ponerse segundo, siguiendo el ritmo de Verstappen y manteniendo a Bottas detrás. Pero cuando Hamiltón llegó hasta él y Verstappen decidió apretar, llegó a pedir por radio que Max no se distanciara para no perder DRS y tener más armas para luchar contra Hamilton, lo que no lo deja en muy buen lugar. Hamilton lo adelantó con bastante facilidad aunque él llegó a devolverle el primero de los adelantamientos. Tras ser adelantado por Bottas en su parada, se quedó en tierra de nadie, aunque con espacio suficiente con el siguiente piloto como para hacer una parada extra al final de la carrera, montar neumático blando y llevarse la vuelta rápida (1:11.010) para evitar que ese punto extra cayera en el casillero de Hamilton.

Los primeros del resto han sido LECLERC y Carlos SAINZ, que tuvo una mala salida y se vió superado por su compañero y gracias a que su coche no sufrió daños tras su toque con Norris en la salida y que terminó con Norris teniendo que pasar por boxes al desllantar. NORRIS tuvo que remontar desde la última posición para cruzar finalmente la meta en la 10ª.

Gran resultado para Ferrari en su lucha con McLaren por la tercera posición del campeonato, ya que el equipo inglés se lleva de aquí un solo punto por el abandono de RICCIARDO debido a una pérdida de potencia de su coche.

Otra buena carrera para GASLY, que ha terminado 7º, justo por delante de los Alpine de OCON y Fernando ALONSO, que ha terminado contento con el ritmo que tenía hoy su coche.

El «paseo» de Verstappen y que obligó hacer a Hamilton y que fue anotado pero no necesitó investigación, según Masi.

Me joroba mas la victoria de Hamilton por ese aire que le han querido dar de venganza, revancha ante una situación "injusta", incluyendo a Gestitos Wolf, que por lo incontestable del rendimiento del coche y, especialmente, lo magnificamente que lo ha llevado Lewis.

Ambos me caen fatal, Max y Lewis, pero están protagonizando la mejor batalla por el campeonato en muchos años. Hoy a Max no se le puede medir max (jeje), incluso al limite y rozando la sanción (que podria haber caido tranquilamente), ha aguantado mucho max de lo que yo apostaba, pensaba que caia en el primer stint.

Me hizo gracia tambien ese "¿Donde está Valteri?" "P3" "Buen trabajo" que no se cuanto tendria de sarcasmo, está claro que esperaba algo mas del apañero.

El culebrón continúa. Investigan a Hamilton por aflojarse los cinturones de seguridad tras cruzar la meta y pasear la bandera de Brasil.

Bueno, más que aflojar, lo soltó.

https://twitter.com/FiftyBucksVT/sta...227964420?s=20

La FIA ha hecho su agosto en este GP . 5.000 € de multa para Hamilton por soltarse los cinturones con el coche en marcha. Se quedan pendientes 20.000 € por si lo vuelve a hacer en lo que queda de año o el año que viene.

jajajaja, que bueno

Entradas de blog
    Impresiones de los equipos tras la Carrera:

Brazil GP: Race team notes - Mercedes

Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team scored an improbable and exhilarating double podium at today's Sao Paulo Grand Prix in Interlagos.

Lewis delivered a famous win from P10 on the grid, having overcome disqualification from Friday's qualifying, to score his 101st career Formula One victory and his 80th for Mercedes. Valtteri started from pole and delivered a strong P3 podium finish, number 66 of his career, and was closing in quickly on Verstappen's Red Bull in the final laps.

Lewis overtook Verstappen on track on lap 59, having been forced off track at Turn 4 on lap 48, although the manoeuvre remained mystifyingly without investigation by the Stewards.

Max Verstappen (332.5 points) leads the Drivers' Championship from Lewis (318.5), with Valtteri in P3 (203 points). Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team (521.5 points) lead Red Bull (510.5 points) by 11 points in the Constructors' Championship.

Lewis Hamilton: I am so, so grateful for the incredible support I've had this weekend from the people of Brazil - I've not had this kind of support since Silverstone! To hear the crowd throughout the weekend has been really humbling. I've just been saying 'Obrigado Brasil' all weekend. What a race! The Team here and at the factory did an amazing job, and Valtteri did a great job today to get as many points as possible.

I was pushing as hard as I could from last on grid yesterday, and then with another 5-place penalty today. This was, I think, the hardest weekend I've had. But my dad said 'you reminded me of 2004' when I was in Formula 3 in Bahrain - I started last and I finished 10th and then I finished 1st so, this one is for my dad.

Coming into this weekend I never, ever thought we'd be able to close the gap like we have today. And then things just kept going against us, but I think it really shows, just never give up. Whatever you're facing, you've just got to keep pushing, keep tumbling away, keep fighting. Never, ever stop fighting. That's how I've approached this weekend. It feels like a first because I don't feel like I've had a win for a long time.

Valtteri Bottas: The start today was quite tricky, it was a disappointing first lap but I tried my best. After that, the pace was good and from the cockpit, I thought we could have a chance of the one-stop, but we decided to do a two-stop. The team put me in a good place to take advantage of the VSC, and it fell my way for once, so I was happy with that. Overall, I'm glad we could score more points than Red Bull today - it was a positive result. Congratulations to Lewis, he had an amazing drive.

Toto Wolff: What a weekend from this team. We started the weekend on the backfoot with our self-inflicted engine penalty, we got disqualified yesterday which was harsh, and then today in the race, things went against us too. This team has always been together, but these decisions have brought us so close. It felt like everything was against us and I think that's what Lewis has felt all his life and we now feel it together as a team and we're going to fight - that is the emotion we're feeling in the garage at the moment.

Yesterday Lewis produced one of the best drives we have ever seen. I don't know how many overtakes there were across the weekend but Lewis was left, right, and over them. And today, his driving was immaculate. Max forced him off the road at Turn 4 and Lewis was very clever to avoid contact. It was great to see these amazing drivers but not giving a 5 second penalty? Come on!

Valtteri banked crucial points for the team today and his driving was top-class all weekend, a very strong podium for him today to follow his victory in the Sprint yesterday. This season keeps delivering and you can see how quickly the tides change - last weekend we went away beaten up in Mexico, this week we had the faster package. Red Bull could be very strong in Qatar next week and that is to be expected. May the stronger one win. Last weekend it was them, this weekend it was us - we'll fight to the end.

Andrew Shovlin: We've seen some impressive drives from Lewis over the years but that was incredible, we don't have the car advantage that we've had in years gone by but to do what he did this weekend was just amazing. Valtteri lost a bit of ground off the line and was pushed wide at turn one which gave him a difficult run to turn four.

After that though, he did a brilliant job to recover to a podium, the VSC brought things our way but he was closing in on Max at the end and we were wishing the race was a couple of laps longer. It's been a busy weekend and whilst the win and double podium were the highlights, the most encouraging aspect was how strong the car pace was at a track that we were not strong in 2019 and how well the team and drivers have stuck together through was has been a really difficult weekend. We're looking forward to the challenge of the new track in Qatar and will be working non-stop over the next few days to try and arrive in as good a shape as possible.

https://www.pitpass.com/71292/Brazil...notes-Mercedes

Brazil GP: Race team notes - Red Bull

Max Verstappen: "I knew today would be difficult, but I did everything I could, we were just lacking a little bit. At least it was a fun race, of course I would have liked to have won but realistically I think this was a good result. Lewis and I were fighting for position on multiple occasions, I think it was hard racing but good racing and that's how it should be. I was hoping for a little bit more performance but this result is definitely the maximum we could do. Top speed wise it was tough to defend, you can clearly see when they take a fresh engine that it gives them a bit more power, so hopefully that will die down over the coming races. There are three races coming up that will be completely different again, so we'll see how it goes."

Sergio Perez: "It was close today and it was fun, but I am not here to have fun, I am here to deliver. I had a great start but then it was very difficult to hold Lewis back, I tried my best to hold onto him but I couldn't, he was flying! Then we were ahead of Bottas by two seconds, we had the position and we had the podium but two laps later the virtual safety car came in. That timing was extremely unlucky for us and it worked perfectly for him, he managed to do the undercut and then pull five seconds away from us. It is a bit of a shame we lost the podium but I was able to build a big enough gap to the Ferrari in fifth to pit and go for fastest lap, which is an important point for the team.

That straight-line speed of the Mercedes is just unbelievable, we were not able to match
    them and today they were on another planet. Ultimately it is a good result for us today, I don't believe there is much we could have done differently, it's just a shame because we should have finished ahead of Bottas had it not been for the VSC. Today the luck wasn't with us but there are still three races to go and everything to play for so we will keep pushing. Now we look forward to Qatar and hopefully there we can be competitive."

Christian Horner, CEO and Team Principal: "To come away with second and fourth today, plus the fastest lap was damage limitation this weekend. We scored 20 points for Max this weekend versus their 25 for Lewis in the Drivers' Championship, so we'll take that. We put up as good a defence as we could, Max did his best and raced hard, and Checo made Lewis have two goes to get past, and he came back with a great move to reclaim the place after Lewis' first effort. But we saw Mercedes pace from Friday and then again yesterday, so today wasn't too much of a surprise. They did a good job and Lewis drove a great race today, so well done to them. We've got some catching up to do this week. There's a lot of racing still to go, so we'll brush ourselves down and come back fighting in Doha."

https://www.pitpass.com/71294/Brazil...notes-Red-Bull

Brazil GP: Race team notes - McLaren

Lando Norris: "A disappointing day for all of us as a team, as well as for myself. I had a really good start and as I tried to come back onto the track there just wasn't enough room and I ended up getting the puncture. We could've scored some good points. We'll review it and try to do a better job next time. The fight back through was good, managing to score a point, which is better than nothing. I think that's the best we could've done today after what happened. A tough few weeks but hopefully we can have a better one in Qatar."

Daniel Ricciardo: "It was going OK! We went forwards at the start, which was definitely one objective after yesterday. I wasn't happy with how the sprint panned out for myself, so I was determined to make it better. We had some good battles, Ocon made a good move on me early in the race and I was able to get him back with pretty much the same move, so that felt good.

"After that, we were in the fight with Gasly, and with Ferrari as well. We knew they had to two-stop. I think they had a bit more pace but maybe through strategy we could've disrupted them. But then we had a loss of power and had to retire the car. Definitely a shame, but it was a much more promising day than yesterday. We'll take the positives from that, and we've got another chance next week."

Andreas Seidl, Team Principal: "A challenging Sunday afternoon for us with again just one point for a lot of effort. Unfortunately, after a good initial launch, Lando came together with Carlos [Sainz] which cost him a puncture and put him at the back with significant damage to the floor area resulting in a loss of performance. We kept fighting, Lando made his way through the field and did well to score a point, but it's obviously disappointing given where we started. On Daniel's side, he made up ground at the start and his race was going well until he was forced to retire, having suffered a power loss.

"The triple header has not gone well for us so far, but we're hoping to have a better run in just seven days' time. Irrespective of the result, everyone worked very hard this weekend, particularly given the intensity caused by the late arrival of our freight, and we had a competitive car. My thanks to everyone at the track, back at the factory and our colleagues at Mercedes HPP for their effort. We'll continue to work hard, and look forward to going again with some exciting, new races starting with Qatar next week."

https://www.pitpass.com/71293/Brazil...-notes-McLaren

Brazil GP: Race team notes - Aston Martin

Sebastian Vettel: "I thought we had a good opportunity to score points today, but the Virtual Safety Cars did not help us and cost me a position to Esteban [Ocon]. Without that, it would have been a different race. We still tried everything we could and chose the two-stop strategy, rather than the one-stop. We were close to scoring a point in the end against Lando [Norris] and we were catching him in the final laps, but it was not quite enough."

Lance Stroll: "After making up some ground yesterday, I think we had a good chance to score points today. After a strong start, [Yuki] Tsunoda made contact with me in Turn One. He was on the Softs whereas I was on the Mediums, so at that stage he was faster. I think his move was desperate and he was way too optimistic. That contact damaged my car and from there more pieces were falling off, which meant that the pace got worse and we were just going backwards. It is disappointing to retire, but this weekend has made me even more determined to finish well in Qatar next weekend."

Otmar Szafnauer, CEO & Team Principal: "Sebastian and Lance both made excellent starts to be sixth and 12th on lap one. The flying [Lewis] Hamilton passed Sebastian on lap two, then, one lap later, [Yuki] Tsunoda recklessly hurled his car down the inside of Lance's at Turn One, causing a collision, for which clumsiness he was rightly given a 10-second penalty. Thereafter, Lance did his very best, but his car had been so badly damaged by Tsunoda, and its performance so seriously compromised, that, through no fault of his own, we finally had to retire it. Sebastian ran as high as sixth at about one-third distance, but, unfortunately, also through no fault of his own, his pit stop occurred just before the Virtual Safety Car was deployed and that bad luck dropped him out of the points. In the end he finished 11th. Roll on Qatar."

https://www.pitpass.com/71286/Brazil...s-Aston-Martin

Brazil GP: Race team notes - Alpine

Alpine F1 Team leaves part two of the three race triple header with six 2021 FIA Formula 1 World Championship points after Esteban Ocon finished eighth and Fernando Alonso took ninth in a thrilling Sao Paulo Grand Prix. The result leaves Alpine in fifth position in the Constructors' standings on 112 points heading into the final three races.

Esteban and Fernando were immediately involved in some thrilling on track battles with the pair scrapping with Pierre Gasly and Daniel Ricciardo in the opening exchanges of the 71-lap race. Once the dust settled, Esteban had dropped one place to ninth despite a nice overtake on the McLaren, while Fernando climbed into eleventh.

After a short Safety Car interlude for loose debris, Ricciardo managed to peg Esteban back for ninth with Fernando also caught out by Lance Stroll after the restart. The Spaniard salvaged the position after some impressive pace got him back ahead of the Aston Martin.

Esteban was the first to box for fresh Hards after capitalising on a brief Virtual Safety period. Fernando stayed out after missing out on the advantage to pit, and eventually switched to Hards on lap 34.

On fresh tyres, Fernando showed electric pace and was determined to make up some of the lost ground after the pit-stop. His scorching pace allowed him to climb three places in a matter of laps, before both he and Esteban found themselves in the final points scoring positions. Problems ahead for Ricciardo further promoted Esteban to eighth and Fernando nicely into ninth.

With strong pace Fernando was graciously let through by his team-mate to try pressure the Alpha Tauri of Pierre Gasly, who had just boxed for a second time. On fresher rubber, he soon caught up to the Alpine pair and despite some valiant teamwork, he eventually made his way past both thanks to the tyre advantage.

Fernando and Esteban ran the remainder of the race in eighth and ninth before kindly switching positions back in a moment of comradery on the last lap to bring six solid points home for the team.

Esteban Ocon: "I'm happy to be back in the points today after a very busy race. Today was all about our strong teamwork between all of us. We tried to maximise everything the best we could, and we pushed everything to the limit both from a performance and tactical point of view. When Gasly pitted for the second time, I gave the place to Fernando to see if we could hold him behind by giving me a tow. It worked for a couple of laps, but it was not enough in the end and Fernando returned the place. Still, eighth and ninth position at the flag gives us six points and that's a great team result, which is important for the Constructors' Championship. It's still tight, we head to two unknown tracks next and we'll keep pushing as much as we can to hold onto this position."

Fernando Alonso: "I am happy with our result today after a difficult day yesterday.

The start and the restart didn't play to our hands but then we had really good pace once it all settled down. We were a little unlucky with the Virtual Safety Car that happened, as we weren't able to box and, in the end, we did lose some time with that. Once we were back out our pace was strong. We only chose to stop once and despite some teamwork to try and stop Pierre (Gasly) from the overtake, we weren't able to hold him off. It's good to see both cars in the points again and we are still level with Alpha Tauri for fifth heading into Qatar next weekend, so we'll aim to continue this form."

Laurent Rossi, Chief Executive Officer, Alpine Cars: "We're very pleased to have both cars inside the points for the first time since the Italian Grand Prix. Not only does it mean we remain fifth in the Constructors' Championship, it also confirms a return to a good competitiveness level after a run of races, which has left us searching for answers.

Today's race was entertaining, and it was good we could put on a show for an electric Brazilian crowd. As a team, we can be proud of our teamwork today as demonstrated by Esteban and Fernando on-track. After Gasly's second pit-stop, we opted to stick to a one-stop strategy and defend as best as we could from him. First, Esteban allowed Fernando to pass in order to create a tow with the aim of keeping Gasly behind. While this worked for a handful of laps, ultimately, with the tyre advantage he had, we weren't able to hold out. Fernando returned the position on the last lap to Esteban underlining both drivers' impressive team spirit to help each other and, in parallel, drive the team forwards. Our focus switches straight to Qatar for the final round of the triple header. We're heading into the relatively unknown, but that's an exciting challenge, which we're looking forward to taking on."

https://www.pitpass.com/71288/Brazil...m-notes-Alpine

Brazil GP: Race team notes - Ferrari

Another solid weekend for Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow, scoring 18 points this afternoon courtesy of a fifth place for Charles Leclerc and a sixth for Carlos Sainz. It means the team makes a significant step forward in terms of the Constructors' classification, as its lead over McLaren has extended to 31.5 points.

The race had been planned out to the smallest detail with the aim of getting both cars behind the two teams fighting for the titles. The strategy and pit stops were well executed and the drivers did an intelligent job of tyre management, pushing when they had to, without making any mistakes. The SF21 worked well on both the Medium and Hard compounds, running at a reasonable pace, capable of maintaining the positions gained in the opening laps.

The trio of races in the Americas saw a positive trend for the Scuderia which will allow it to tackle the final three Grands Prix in the Middle East knowing it can fight right to the end for third place, which is the realistic goal for this final part of the season. Two of the remaining three races take place on tracks that Formula 1 has never raced on before, so preparing well for the weekends will be even more important, as will be reliability, always a crucial factor.

Charles Leclerc: That was a really nice race. We weren't satisfied after the Sprint Qualifying yesterday, so we worked hard last night to analyse where we could make some improvements. And that's what we applied today, so I am very happy with the performance.

I had a very good start, which was my first target. After that, the race was all about managing the tyres well and maintaining the gap to those behind me.

It's also looking good in terms of the gap we are building to our direct competitors in the championship, so overall, a very positive finish to the weekend.

Carlos Sainz: I cannot be happy with today's result as I think if I had made a clean getaway from the line it would probably have ended with P5. We need to keep digging into that to understand what was the cause, as we are lacking consistency off the line. I then had contact with Lando (Norris) and that ended up costing me positions to Checo (Perez) and Charles. From there, the pace was strong the entire race, but that was it.

There are a lot of positives to take away from this weekend. First of all the points that we were able to collect as a team to extend the lead over McLaren and secondly the good feeling with the car, the tyre management and the strong pace since Friday. It's just frustrating that I haven't made the most of the last two races after eventful starts, but we'll keep pushing! On to the final race of this triple-header.

Mattia Binotto, Team Principal: A good result in terms of the championship, given that we have doubled our lead over our closest rivals in the Constructors' classification.

Having said that, a 31.5 point lead doesn't mean that it's done and dusted, far from it.

We know the situation can change in an instant and that our opponents are very strong.

During what proved to be a busy weekend, the team, both at the track and back in Maranello, worked very hard and with great precision, tackling every situation with the right approach. Today, every aspect of the race was managed well - strategy, tyre management and pit stops - and the drivers produced a clean and effective performance.

There are now just three races to go and we must continue in this fashion to reach what has become our goal for the end of season.

https://www.pitpass.com/71291/Brazil...-notes-Ferrari

Brazil GP: Race team notes - AlphaTauri

Pierre Gasly: "I'm really happy, it's been a very intense race, but I think we can be pleased with today. There were some really nice battles, with Daniel and Seb, then at the end of the race with the Alpines. It was so fun to be racing with them, as we don't often get to do that in F1. It was of course hard, but today we finished in the best position we could, behind the top three teams, and that's the most important thing, as we continue our fight for fifth."

Yuki Tsunoda: "I'm pretty frustrated after today. I think we made a good choice with the tyres but unfortunately the collision with Stroll completely ruined my race. It was a risky move, but he just wasn't looking in his mirrors and we came together. It's a real shame I received the penalty, as I also struggled with damage for the rest of the race, but these things happen and we'll work to come back stronger next time out."

Guillaume Dezoteux (Head of Vehicle Performance): "We can be happy with the result today. We started Pierre on the Mediums and after the safety car periods, he was able to gain position on Vettel, then follow the train ahead. The tyre degradation was significant on this hot track, so the two-stop race was the fastest option for us at the time. After his first pitstop, Pierre drove a solid second stint, opening the gap to Ricciardo and Ocon, but we could also see that Alonso was quite fast too, trying to make the one-stop work. After our second pitstop, the target was clear, we had to pass both Alpines on track with our fresher tyres. The battle was really intense and, with Alonso giving the DRS to Ocon, we couldn't get close enough for overtaking both before T1 and T4, which are the only places where it is possible. The fight lasted six laps, but Pierre made superb moves on both and secured 7th place. Regarding Yuki's race, it was compromised very early on, as he had an incident with Stroll. He sustained significant damage and this affected a lot of his race pace, which is unfortunate. After 19 races, we are still on the same points as Alpine, which makes this end of season extremely exciting for all of us and our fans. The fight is on, we will make it!"

https://www.pitpass.com/71287/Brazil...tes-AlphaTauri

Brazil GP: Race team notes - Alfa Romeo

Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN produced a battling display in the Brazilian Grand Prix, with Kimi Raikkonen finishing 12th after starting from the pit lane and Antonio Giovinazzi following him home in 14th. The result brings the team no points, but the pace and the fighting shown on track, with numerous battles against our rivals, demonstrates the team continues to be in the tussle for top ten finishes on Sunday.

Frederic Vasseur, Team Principal: "Independently from our own result, the Brazilian Grand Prix was an absolute thriller and a great advertising for our sport. Starting in P13 with Antonio and from the pit lane with Kimi, after we had chosen to swap some components of his car after yesterday's sprint, we knew we would have our work cut out to be in the points. Still, we put up a good fight, with a decent number of battles and we ran as good a race as we could, with good stops and good pace. In the end, crossing the line in P12 and P14 was as much as we could do in the circumstances. Even if we didn't get points, we have shown to be in the fight for the top ten and we can hope to continue aiming for points in the final three races of the year, starting next Sunday in Qatar."

Kimi Raikkonen: "The car felt quite nice today, a lot better than at any other time in the weekend: we changed a few things, so we started from the pitlane, but we were able to produce a good recovery drive. We made up eight places, which was probably the most we could do today, but we need points for the championship and we didn't get them. So, all in all, it was the right decision, but we fell a bit short. The positive is that we had the same good feeling with the car we had in the last few races, so hopefully we can keep this form in the final three rounds and have some good results."

Antonio Giovinazzi: "The first part of the race wasn't bad, I had good pace and could be in the battle just outside the top ten. We stopped for the first time and then got stuck behind Stroll and Russell, then we pitted again but ended up behind Russell again. We all know how difficult it is to pass here and once we were in that position, there wasn't much I could do. Not the Sunday I expected, but hopefully we can have a better one next week."

https://www.pitpass.com/71295/Brazil...tes-Alfa-Romeo

Brazil GP: Race team notes - Haas

Uralkali Haas F1 Team drivers Nikita Mazepin and Mick Schumacher classified 17th and 18th respectively at the Sao Paulo Grand Prix at the Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace in Brazil.

Mazepin took the start on Pirelli P Zero Yellow mediums from 19th place and avoided trouble to surge up to 14th - the Russian retaining that position through a safety car period caused by debris on track. Mazepin remained in the midfield group shortly and settled into a rhythm, pitting on lap 35 of 71 to move onto White hard tires, which he preserved through to the checkered flag.

Schumacher started from 18th on mediums and gained on the opening lap to hold 15th position. Unfortunately, Schumacher and Alfa Romeo driver Kimi Räikkönen made light contact on lap 11, leaving Schumacher with front wing damage, and necessitating an unscheduled pit stop for the German. Schumacher came in for repairs, took on hard compound tires, before coming in again on laps 31 and 63, adopting medium tires on both occasions.

Uralkali Haas F1 Team's 2021 Formula 1 season will continue with the inaugural Qatar Grand Prix, at the Losail International Circuit, from November 19 to 21 - the final leg of the current triple-header.

Nikita Mazepin: "I had a good day. My start wasn't the best, I had a good getaway and then had a bit of wheel spin, so the first few corners were difficult to overtake people. I had a good Turn 4 and after that I think I looked after the tires nicely in the first few opening laps. The team did a great job of giving me the car that worked very well in the beginning, I had a bit of a difficult middle and then I was able to recover towards the end. I made a move when I needed to make it, and obviously with a few VSCs we tried to maximize it and there wasn't a whole lot on the table to extract more from today."

Mick Schumacher: "We were battling Kimi and we were joking about it in the press conference. It's unfortunate that we got a bit too close but those things happen, especially at that kind of corner where it's tight. I went limping into the pits but after that I think overall, it was a good race. We learn from these things and any battle that I get is really useful. A lot of positives that we can carry away from here and I have to say, I really enjoyed that one."

Guenther Steiner: "Our race today was pretty good - the starts were good. Mick made a lot of progress and Nikita as well. Mick ran into Kimi and that compromised his race, but Nikita's first stint was very good. I think this was one of our best weekends this year and that shows we are getting there with the drivers. All in all, the result is not fantastic, but the progress is."

https://www.pitpass.com/71285/Brazil...eam-notes-Haas

Brazil GP: Race team notes - Williams

George Russell finished 13th and Nicholas Latifi 16th in the Sao Paulo Grand Prix. Nicholas started 16th and George 17th, both on the medium Pirelli tyres.

George stopped twice, initially pitting under the safety car on lap seven and subsequently under racing conditions on lap 41, taking new hard tyres at each stop. Nicholas also ran a two-stop race, taking a fresh set of the hard compound tyres on laps 13 and 39.

Dave Robson, Head of Vehicle Performance: Today was enjoyable, and although we ultimately lacked the pace to score a point, we put together a strong race in tricky circumstances. With multiple pitstops required, and several interventions from the Safety Car and the Virtual Safety Car (VSC), there was opportunity to win and lose time and it was important to manage the car through the interventions. We had a poor opening lap and so took an early opportunity to pit George and get him onto the more robust Hard tyre, on which he showed good pace, including a particularly strong final stint. Nicholas was less fortunate as the VSC cleared whilst he was in the pit lane, which put him a little further down the road than he would otherwise have been. However, in the free air, he was able to manage the car well and apply pressure to Tsunoda.

Overall, today was a good workout for the whole team as we rarely get to do genuine multiple stop races these days. The addition of the (virtual) safety cars and the high track temperature made for a busy but interesting race. We didn't get everything right, we could've done a little better with Nicholas's first pitstop - however, we did a lot of things very well and learnt a lot in the process, which will help further our development as a strong race team.

George Russell: Today was better than we expected. The first two stints were quite tough, we couldn't make any progress on the opening few laps and struggled on the restart, but the final stint was good, and we managed to stay ahead of Antonio Giovinazzi. Being able to keep an Alfa Romeo behind is a pretty big deal for us as we just didn't have the pace this weekend. P13 is not what we are aiming for as a team but, given the circumstances, I think it was a good result. I'm more optimistic heading to Qatar as I think the Losail International Circuit will suit the characteristics of our car more than the last two races, so hopefully we can go there and can be faster next weekend.

Nicholas Latifi: The race was easier to manage than I anticipated as we had decent pace, but it was a very lonely Grand Prix as I was by myself for most of it, which is quite frustrating. We will have to look back and see what we could've done differently. However, we race again in seven days and on these upcoming tracks, we should be more competitive than we've been in Mexico and Brazil, so I'm looking forward to these next few Grands Prix in the Middle East.

https://www.pitpass.com/71289/Brazil...notes-Williams

Brazil GP: Race team notes - Pirelli

Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton won the Brazilian Grand Prix with a two-stop medium-hard-hard strategy: the same tactic used by all the top three drivers.

Hamilton started from P10 on the grid and worked his way up through the field, making his first pit stop one lap before race leader Max Verstappen (Red Bull) but his second stop three laps later. He subsequently passed Verstappen to win the race and narrow the gap in the championship.

Most drivers stopped twice, but there was also three one-stop and two three-stop strategies seen during the race, with seven different combinations of compounds. This underlines the variety of tactics implemented.

All the drivers started the race on the P Zero Yellow medium C3 tyre (with a free choice allowed, following Sprint Qualifying rules). The only exception was AlphaTauri's Yuki Tsunoda, who opted for the P Zero Red soft. Red Bull's Sergio Perez was the only other driver to use the soft during the race, fitting it on the penultimate lap to claim the point for fastest lap at the end.

The grand prix started in warm ambient temperatures of 24 degrees and track temperatures of 50 degrees: around 20 degrees hotter than the cool track temperatures seen yesterday (and similar to FP2 on Saturday morning). The temperatures remained quite consistent throughout the race.

Within the first 15 laps there was a safety car period, followed by other two virtual safety cars in the first half of the race, helping to minimise tyre wear at a crucial point with the cars on full fuel.

Mario Isola: "Strategy was at the forefront of this finely-balanced grand prix, with similar performance between the frontrunners and a number of strategies that were on paper very closely matched. Track temperature was the biggest influence on the strategy today, with temperatures that were around 20 degrees higher than yesterday's Sprint Qualifying, shifting the balance away from the softer compounds towards the harder compounds. The hard was the main race tyre, performing very well with some impressive lap times in these challenging conditions. With the first stint lasting a little longer due to safety cars, the drivers were able to gain more flexibility for the second stint. There was a clear tactical battle involving the ‘undercut', especially among the frontrunners, and that's the reason why the central stint on the hard tyre was so short for some of the top drivers. Lewis Hamilton did a very impressive job over the weekend: from the back of the grid in Sprint Qualifying all the way to the top step of the grand prix podium."

https://www.pitpass.com/71290/Brazil...-notes-Pirelli

Entradas de blog

Entradas de blog
    Un poco de análisis de la Carrera por parte de @_ProjectF1:

And now with the cumulative delta view of the #BrazilianGP . #Ferrari's pace in the final stint was similar to that of the front runners (although different tyres) and comfortably best of the rest. #Bottas and #Perez had similar pace. #Gasly overcame both #Alpine's. #f1 #data

All the key moments of the #BrazilianGP in one chart: - #Hamilton was relentless going from P10 to P1. - #Verstappan was cruising after the overtake - #Perez lost out with the VSC - #Leclerc and #Sainz best of the rest - #Vettel was almost P10 #f1 #data #LH44 #MV33 #CL16 #CS55

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEOknHeU...jpg&name=large
    Última edición por llumia; 15/11/2021 a las 18:11

Entradas de blog
    #Hamilton's triumph over #Verstappen at the #BrazilGP wasn't just down to a new engine, but also the execution of a powerful undercut and maximising tyres. The lower wear of the #Mercedes on the hard tyre was crucial in staying close to Verstappen. #f1 #data #LH44 #MV33

Etiquetas para este tema