Página 1 de 6 123 ... ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 1 al 30 de 170

Tema: Montoya vuelve a la Indycar en 2014 con Penske Racing

Montoya vuelve a la Indycar en 2014 con Penske Racing

Montoya to Join Team Penske in 2014

September 16, 2013

MOORESVILLE, N.C. (September 16, 2013) - Team Penske announced today that Juan Pablo Montoya will join the team in 2014. Montoya will drive the No. 2 Team Penske IndyCar for the full season as he will join Will Power and three-time Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneves in the team's IZOD IndyCar Series lineup beginning next season.

Montoya, 37, is a native of Colombia and he is one of the most accomplished drivers in the world. His career highlights include race wins in Formula One, NASCAR and the CART Indy Car Series. He is the only driver to produce victories in the Indianapolis 500, the 24 Hours of Daytona and the Monaco Grand Prix. Montoya earned 11 IndyCar wins over two seasons as he captured the CART Series title in his rookie season of 1999 followed by a victory in the Indy 500 in 2000.

"I am really excited to join this legendary team beginning next year," said Montoya. "I have had the opportunity to drive for some of the best racing teams in the world and I have always admired Roger Penske and his organization. I consider it an honor to be offered the opportunity to drive for Team Penske."

"Juan is a proven winner at all levels of motorsport," said Roger Penske. "He has won a lot of races and championships and he has an extremely passionate fan base. We look forward to building on his successes together and we believe he will be a great addition to Team Penske."

Team Penske is one of the most successful teams in the history of professional sports. Competing in a variety of disciplines, cars owned and prepared by Penske Racing have produced 377 major race wins, 433 pole positions and 24 National Championships. The team has also earned 15 Indianapolis 500 victories in its storied history. For more information about Team Penske, please visit www.penskeracing.com.

http://www.penskeracing.com/news/ind...es=n&cid=51801
    Mi blog sobre viajes a competiciones del motor
    http://racingtrips.wordpress.com/

¿A Penske? Me cuesta creer que el equipo se deshaga de Power o Castroneves. Que tampoco estoy al dia, igual alguno de los dos se piran a otro o lo que sea...

A ver a que nivel está Juan Pablo...

Aprovecho este hilo de la Indy para poner esta noticia, aparte de lo de Franchitti, los americanos deberían hacer más seguros los circuitos para el público, porque me parece muy fuerte que 14 espectadores hayan sufrido daños por el accidente.

Houston IndyCar: Dario Franchitti suffers back and ankle fractures

IndyCar medical staff have confirmed that Dario Franchitti sustained concussion and two fractures in his frightening final-lap crash during Sunday's IndyCar race in Houston.

Franchitti was launched airborne and into the catch fencing when he caught the rear of an out-of-shape Takuma Sato.
    His Ganassi car rolled briefly along the barrier before bouncing back into the middle of the track.

The Scot remained in the car until he was extracted by medical crews, and was taken directly to the nearby Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Centre, where he was assessed and found to have suffered a concussion, a fractured vertebra that will not require surgery, and a fractured right ankle. He will be kept in hospital overnight.

Meanwhile, race organisers have confirmed that 14 spectators were injured when a piece of catch fencing that was torn loose during Franchitti's accident landed in a nearby grandstand.

"Following an accident that occurred on-track at the Grand Prix of Houston this afternoon our greatest concern is for our fans and participants," read a joint statement from race promoter Mi-Jack Promotions, Reliant Park, and IndyCar.

"An IndyCar official and IndyCar driver, Dario Franchitti, along with two fans were transferred to an area hospital for evaluation. Eleven fans were additionally evaluated on site.

"Officials are investigating the incident and currently do not have further information at this time. Fan and driver safety are always a primary concern and we will provide further details as they are available."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...ce=mostpopular
    "El pie tiene miedo y vela por la seguridad del piloto" . Marc Gené. Spa 2012

"Respeto es la posibilidad de aceptar tus defectos y tus virtudes sin poner en tela de juicio lo que ves en los demás, porque jamás obtendrás de otros lo que no eres capaz de darte tú mismo, ya que en la medida que lo logres serás capaz de otorgarlo a los demás..."

" El sabio escucha y evita el insulto; el ignorante, en cambio, oye y responde"

Bruji Piruji Avatar de GoVal

A consecuencia de su accidente en Houston, Dario Franchitti se ve obligado a dejar de pilotar.

dariofranchitti
    Dario Franchitti 59min

A sad day but I'm eternally grateful... pic.twitter.com/h9ozPEOf7S

Una imagen que no se podrá repetir.

Zanardi intentando "picar" a Franchitti a ver si se anima a participar con él.

alex zanardi ‏@lxznr

@dariofranchitti
    f this is it, you'll always be 1 of the greatest. But you'll change your mind. Rolex 24h with me and Kimball sponsored 911?

penskeracing Penske Racing

This hasn't happened since 2000. #JPMTest #IndyCar pic.twitter.com/rBYp0Aho6t

¿Sabes si la Indy ha corrido alguna vez en Sebring o si nunca han pensado hacerlo? Me parece un circuitazo...

Montoya in Sonoma test

18 December 2013 – Juan Pablo Montoya was back on track this week testing at Sonoma Raceway as he gears up for his return to IndyCar in 2014.

Montoya, who has been racing in NASCAR since 2007, will switch back to single-seaters next year, having inked a deal with Team Penske back in September, and while he is familiar with the Northern California track, he had never driven the 2.38-mile configuration used by IndyCar until Monday.

“It's hard to go to the places where I've been in a stock car because my mind is not right,” Montoya explained.

“My mind says one thing and my foot says another. They don't agree. You go wide open through the Esses and my mind is saying 'You can do it' and my foot is saying 'No, I'm coming out.'

“I just need a little more confidence in the car and seeing what the car can do. You really got to try to build it up.”

The Colombian completed about 50 laps, with an emphasis on hitting his marks. The team went through three sets of tyres and practiced pit stops.

Montoya's next on-track action will be in mid-January at Sebring along with team-mates Helio Castroneves and Will Power.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/indycar-s...n-sonoma-test/

¿Ves, Lara? Marc Gené no es el único que tiene el pie con vida propia e instinto de superviviencia.

IndyCar to award double points for 500-mile races

Posted Mar 21, 2014 by Associated Press at 11:13 am

Indianapolis, along with Pocono and Fontana, will award double points during the 2014 season. (Photo: Chris Gaythen/Getty Images)

IndyCar
    will award double points for the three ”Triple Crown” races and award points based on qualifying for the Indianapolis 500.

The three ”Triple Crown” races are the only 500-mile events on the schedule: The Indianapolis 500, the July race at Pocono and the season finale at Fontana.

A win in those races will now be worth 100 points instead of 50, with second worth 80 instead of 40, all the way down to positions 25th on. Those drivers will now receive 10 points instead of five.

Qualifying for the Indianapolis 500 will award 33 points to the pole-winner with each position on down earning one fewer point. The last-place starter will receive one point.

Bonus points will also be available for drivers advancing to the Fast Nine Shootout.

http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/indyc...tw:fscom:speed

Dos cosas de este hilo 1- como me alegra ver a Montoya por ahí al pie del cañón. Creo que todos tenemos muy buenos recuerdos suyos en la F1 :)
    2- Lo que no esperaba leer es la locura de falta de seguridad que tienen los yankis, no? No sigo la IndyCar, pero la foto esa del accidente con el tio sacando el movil para hacer la foto.. me parece muy salvaje. Entiendo que los accidentes pueden dar emoción a una competición, pero es que eso me parece una salvajada

Pongo por aquí un onboard de Simon Pagenaud en Long Beach con la cámara en la visera de su casco.

Montoya se ha librado hoy de una buena en Long Beach.

Al final ha quedado quinto, a 0.4 de Muñoz que ha sido tercero.

Conway se ha llevado la victoria por delante de Will Power.

Orios Serviá ha acabado séptimo.

Massive Pileup Claims Several Top Contenders In Long Beach

Posted by Branden Williams at 6:45 pm

Sunday’s IndyCar race on the streets of Long Beach was setting up to be an instant classic before a multi-car wreck eliminated several of the top contenders, including race leader Josef Newgarden, pole-sitter Ryan Hunter-Reay and James Hinchcliffe.

With 24 laps to go, Newgarden exited pit lane with the race lead ahead of Hunter-Reay and Hinchcliffe, but had colder tires than the two Andretti Autosport teammates. As they raced into Turn 4, Hunter-Reay made a bold move by trying to pass Newgarden on the inside, and it proved to be costly.
    The two made contact and triggered a pileup in the blind corner, collecting Hinchcliffe, Helio Castroneves Tony Kanaan, Takuma Sato and rookie Jack Hawksworth.

“I was on cold tires, it’s very hard to control the car, I knew Hunter-Reay was on hot, and at some point he was probably going to get me,” Newgarden said. “But I didn’t expect anyone to come up on the inside of four. There’s so little room there, you normally can’t make a pass, even if something like that is going on … the next thing I knew I was in the wall and I was just getting plowed into by everyone.”

Newgarden’s team owner was less understanding and used Twitter to blast Hunter-Reay.

Sarah FisherCuenta verificada ‏@SarahFisher

It was our race to win and we got robbed by immaturity. Period.

Hunter-Reay was hesitant to accept blame during a TV interview, stating that it was a heat of the moment decision to attack through Turn 4 and both drivers could have given more room.

“I went for it. I could have waited a little bit later, maybe that’s my fault,” he said. “Giving each other a little bit of room – both of us – would have got us both through there but it’s down to me to make the pass, I guess, I’m not sure. A lot of people say it’s my fault. I made the decision at that split second when he had some wheel spin to go for it, that’s the type of driver I am. I go for it.

“You don’t know how down I am. Just very, very disappointed. I’ll look at it again, but as a racing driver, when he’s in the moment and he sees a chance to go for it, I went for it because I want to win the race.”

Hours later, Hunter-Reay took to Twitter to accept blame and further explain his actions.

Ryan Hunter-ReayCuenta verificada ‏@RyanHunterReay

Horrible end to a promising race cut short. Feel terrible for my team & the others that were caught up in wreck

Had an opportunity & I went for it w/the win on the line. Split second decision that backfired. Hind sight is 20/20 and I take the blame.

Newgarden out of pits in front of me on cold red tires while I was on blacks. Knew I had a small window of opportunity. Small window it was

Of the drivers involved in the crash, only Castroneves and Hawksworth were able to continue in the race. Castroneves finished 11th for Penske Racing while Hawksworth was 15th, three laps down.

The seven-car pileup set up a duel between Scott Dixon and Mike Conway, with Conway claiming the victory after Dixon was forced to pit late in the race for fuel. Will Power finished second ahead of Carlos Munoz, Juan Pablo Montoya and Simon Pagenaud.

http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/indyc...tw:fscom:speed

La carrera en Alabama tendría que haber empezado hace casi dos horas pero la lluvia ha hecho que todavía no haya comenzado.

Mientras, unas cuantas entrevistas.

Ya no está lloviendo y han secado la pista. Se espera que la carrera comience en 20-25 minutos.

Un stream donde poderlo ver: http://dazsports.org/extra2.html
    Última edición por GoVal; 27/04/2014 a las 22:59

Oriol Serviá ya está en su coche. En breve comienza la carrera.

Will Power tiene una salida de pista y pierde el liderato.

Montoya salió octavo y está cuarto.

Serviá es el primero en cambiar neumáticos y montar slicks. Ahora mismo está último pero un toque entre Bourdais y Aleshin ha provocado la segunda bandera amarilla, lo que le puede beneficiar.

Durante la precaución, Muñoz ha trompeado en la curva 7.

Todos han entrado a pits a cambiar neumáticos durante la precaución excepto Sebastián Saavedra, que es el líder. Oriol está el 21.

Muñoz no ha podido continuar.

Drive Throug para Bourdais por ocasionar una colisión. Estaba rodando en quinta posición.

Nada más aparecer la bandera verde, una nueva precaución por una salida de pista de Montoya.

Han ayudado a Montoya a salir de la puzolana y ha vuelto a la carrera tras pasar por boxes.

Helio Castroneves ha sido penalizado con un STOP & GO por entrar en el box equivocado.

De nuevo otra precaución. Carlos Huertas ha hecho un trompo y se ha salido.

Tanta precaución está beneficiando a Sebastian Saavedra, que sigue con los neumáticos de lluvia del inicio.

Accidente contra las protecciones de Aleshin a falta de 6 minutos 30 que provoca una nueva precaución al quedar muchos restos en la pista.

Última edición por GoVal; 28/04/2014 a las 01:16

Final de carrera bajo precaución y tras el pace car.

No les ha ido muy bien a Oriol ni a Montoya. Han acabado en las dos últimas posiciones y con vuelta perdida.

Etiquetas para este tema