Página 3 de 5 PrimerPrimer 12345 ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 61 al 90 de 132

Tema: F1 2021 - G.P. Nº 1 - BAHREIN

Moderator Avatar de llumia
    Northern Kingdom Mountains. Where neither the eagles even dare.
    Entradas de blog
    Bahrain GP: Qualifying team notes - Alfa Romeo

The predictions of pre-season turned out to be right: it's one hell of a tight field, from the front to the back of the grid. On a day when the smallest margins made the difference between an early exit in Q1 and going all the way to Q3, Antonio Giovinazzi and Kimi Raikkonen delivered a solid performance to qualify just outside the top ten.
    With their improved C41 pushing them, both drivers cleared the first obstacle, Q1, which so many times last year proved an unsurmountable hurdle. In the second segment, fighting for a place in the top ten, we were less than a tenth away from achieving the goal.

The result, with Antonio in P12 and Kimi a row behind, in P14, leaves us in an ideal position to target points in tomorrow's race. With a free choice of tyres and a long evening of racing ahead of us, we're ready to race right in the middle of this epic fight.

Frederic Vasseur, Team Principal:
    "Our target was to put both cars in Q2 and we did it. We even got really close to the top ten and to miss out on Q3 for less than a tenth really shows the progress we have made compared to last year. It's a good reward for the team after the good work put in over the winter. We have proven that our optimism after testing was well-founded and that we can be a lot more competitive this season. There's still a lot of work to be done, however. We need to keep fine tuning our package to be able to be consistently in the top ten and regularly fight for points, but we have definitely made some big moves in the right direction."

Kimi Raikkonen
    :
    "Not a bad result for the first qualifying of the year: of course, it could have been a bit better, as I made a couple of small mistakes here and there in my laps, but it could have been a lot worse. We made a few changes to the car after the morning to anticipate the conditions and perhaps they didn't work as well as we expected, but we are still in a good position for the race. We'll need to see how the weather is tomorrow, do our best and see what we can get out of the race. We are confident our package is better and we can fight for a good result."

Antonio Giovinazzi
    :
    "We can be really happy with this result as tomorrow we will start just outside the top ten and with a free choice of tyres. We have a very good opportunity to achieve a good result as we saw how our performance was close to the cars ahead of us. Today helps us confirm the positive feeling we had after testing: we have improved compared to last year and we feel we can have a lot more fun this season. Our focus is now all on tomorrow: it will be tricky, especially with the wind, but we can bring home a good result. We need to put everything together - strategy, start, pit-stops - and get the maximum out of our cars, but we can definitely aim for the points."

https://www.pitpass.com/69306/Bahrai...tes-Alfa-Romeo
    Alonso carried his Renault to third place in Singapore. After Vettel and Rosberg wrecked their own races, he seized a podium from a car that did not deserve it.

That is the difference between the great and the merely good.

Martin Brundle (Sing '09)

"Alonso has been brilliant all weekend, absolutely brilliant". "A driver not always easyto love, but very easy to admire".

Martin Brundle (Sing '10)

Entradas de blog
    Bahrain GP: Qualifying team notes - AlphaTauri

Pierre Gasly: "I'm really pleased with my performance today, it's one of my best Qualifying positions I've had with the team. For the first race of the year it's important for us to show some good potential for the season ahead and I think we've managed to do that today. Only using the medium tyre in Q2 was a huge risk, but we managed to make it work, and hopefully we can use this to our advantage tomorrow in the race. I'll try to make the most of the position we're starting from on the grid- I think there's clearly an opportunity for us and I will do everything possible to get as many points as I can for the team."
    Yuki Tsunoda
    :
    "I'm a bit disappointed if I'm honest, I showed I had the pace on the medium tyre in Q1 and I felt confident with our strategy going into Q2, but I just didn't have the grip during those final laps. It's a shame to not be starting the race further up the grid but we know the race pace is there, so let's see what we can do tomorrow. I'll analyse the data tonight with my engineers, ahead of the race tomorrow, as I am continuing to learn from every lap that I complete. There are still lots of positives to take-away from today - it was my first Formula 1 Qualifying session and I'm feeling confident in the car. I think we're still in a reasonable position and have the potential to make our way forward during the race."

Jody Egginton (Technical Director):
    "We were fairly happy with the performance of both car's this morning - having dealt with the problem on Yuki's car overnight - and both drivers seemed happy with their cars during FP3. Qualifying takes place during cooler track conditions here in Bahrain, but both cars performed well in Q1. Yuki and Pierre completed strong laps on the soft tyre, so we decided to optimise the race-start sets, by having both cars on to the medium compound for Q2. Pierre made that work - he was one of four drivers to get through to Q3 on the mediums - however, Yuki wasn't able to extract the best from the tyre in the second session. He's put in a really good performance already this weekend, so I'm really pleased with that. Pierre had two strong runs on the soft tyre in Q3 and is starting in a good place tomorrow to pick up some great points. I'm really looking forward to the race now."

https://www.pitpass.com/69307/Bahrai...tes-AlphaTauri
    Alonso carried his Renault to third place in Singapore. After Vettel and Rosberg wrecked their own races, he seized a podium from a car that did not deserve it.

"Alonso has been brilliant all weekend, absolutely brilliant". "A driver not always easyto love, but very easy to admire".

Administrator Avatar de McHouserphy
    Los números de la clasificatoria de hoy en Bahrein:

Buscando la imperfección perfecta...

Formula 1 – Temporada 2021 -GP do Bahrein – Classificação

A Prova de classificação confirmou o favoritismo de Max Verstappen na pré-temporada, o piloto da Red Bull conquistou a pole position na noite de hoje, no circuito de Sahkir, palco do GP do Bahrein.

No Q1, os primeiros a entrarem na pista foram os pilotos da Williams e da Haas. Dos 4 pilotos apenas Mick Schumacher marcou uma volta e ficou por muito tempo na liderança da classificação. Até que o restante do pelotão entrou na pista e marcou suas voltas. Sainz jr, Leclerc e Norris foram os primeiros pilotos a se destacarem e ficarem na frente, até quando Verstappen e Hamilton marcaram os primeiros tempo na metade da classificação.

A se destacar a ótima participação de Yuki Tsunoda e de Pierre Gasly, na segunda e quarta posições respectivamente. A 5 minutos do final, os eliminados eram Ocon, Latifi, Russell, Mazepin e Schumacher.

Nos minutos finais, Russell faz uma bela volta e garante a classificação na 13ªposição. Alonso ficou ameaçado de ficar eliminado no Q1, mas acabou salvando a sua vida e se colocou entre os 15 classificados. Nos momentos finais, Nikita Mazepin acabou rodando pela segunda vez, a primeira rodada foi na sua primeira tentativa de marcar tempo.

Os eliminados do Q1 foram Esteban Ocon, Nicholas Latifi, Sebastian Vettel, Mick Schumacher e Nikita Mazepin. O inferno astral do tetracampeão do mundo parece não ter acabado com a saída do alemão da Ferrari. Verstappen ficou com a melhor marca do Q1, seguido de Tsunoda e Hamilton.

Resultado do Q1:

pos piloto Equipe Chassis Motor Tempo
    1 33 Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing Honda RB16B Honda RA621H 1:30.499
    2 22 Yuki Tsunoda Scuderia AlphaTauri Honda AT02 Honda RA621H 1:30.607
    3 44 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team F1 W12 Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:30.617
    4 16 Charles Leclerc Scuderia Mission Winnow Ferrari SF21 Ferrari 065/6 1:30.691
    5 3 Daniel Ricciardo McLaren F1 Team MCL35M Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:30.795
    6 10 Pierre Gasly Scuderia AlphaTauri Honda AT02 Honda RA621H 1:30.848
    7 14 Fernando Alonso Alpine F1 Team A521 Renault E-Tech 20B 1:30.863
    8 4 Lando Norris McLaren F1 Team MCL35M Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:30.902
    9 99 Antonio Giovinazzi Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen C41 Ferrari 065/6 1:30.998
    10 11 Sergio Perez Red Bull Racing Honda RB16B Honda RA621H 1:31.165
    11 77 Valtteri Bottas Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team F1 W12 Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:31.200
    12 18 Lance Stroll Aston Martin Cognizant F1 Team AMR21 Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:31.261
    13 63 George Russell Williams Racing FW43B Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:31.316
    14 7 Kimi Räikkönen Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen C41 Ferrari 065/6 1:31.547
    15 55 Carlos Sainz Scuderia Mission Winnow Ferrari SF21 Ferrari 065/6 1:31.653
    16 31 Esteban Ocon Alpine F1 Team A521 Renault E-Tech 20B 1:31.724
    17 6 Nicholas Latifi Williams Racing FW43B Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:31.936
    18 5 Sebastian Vettel Aston Martin Cognizant F1 Team AMR21 Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:32.056
    19 47 Mick Schumacher Uralkali Haas F1 Team VF-21 Ferrari 065/6 1:32.449
    20 9 Nikita Mazepin Uralkali Haas F1 Team VF-21 Ferrari 065/6 1:33.273

No Q2, nenhum piloto foi para a pista nos primeiros dois minutos. Em busca de largar com os pneus médios, a maioria dos pilotos que saíram para a pista com os pneus médios. Entre eles os dois pilotos da Mercedes, Red Bull e Mclaren.

Hamilton fez uma grande volta e marcou 1:30.085, superando Max Verstappen com 1:30.318 e Valtteri Bottas com 1:30.559 e dando esperanças para a Mercedes. Perez chegou a marcar o 4ºtempo, mas acabou com a volta anulada por passar do limite da pista na curva 4, a mesma coisa aconteceu com Daniel Ricciardo. Após a primeira metade do Q2, os classificados eram Hamilton, Verstappen, Bottas, Norris, Sainz jr., Alonso, Leclerc, Gasly, Tsunoda e Stroll. Os eliminados eram Giovinazzi, Raikkonen, Perez, Ricciardo e Russell.

A 3 minutos do final, Russell marcou um tempo, mas não poderia fazer muito mais do que passar do Q2. A 3 minutos do final, todo mundo foi para a última tentativa. Nos segundos finais, Gasly marcou uma bela terceira posição e Antonio Giovinazzi marca um bom tempo, mas foi insuficiente para chegar ao Q3.

Os mais rápidos do Q2 ficaram com Carlos Sainz jr. e Charles Leclerc com a Ferrari. Os dois ficaram separados por apenas 1 milésimo de segundo. Hamilton, Norris que fez uma excelente 4ªmarca, Bottas, Ricciardo que se garantiu no Q3 com o 6ºtempo, Verstappen que foi com os pneus macios no final, mas acabou tirando o pé para largar com os pneus médios. Gasly, Alonso e Stroll completam os 10 primeiros colocados

Sergio Perez acabou de fora do Q3, ficou com a 11ªposição, junto deles ficaram Antonio Giovinazzi, Yuki Tsunoda que não conseguiu melhorar sua volta na última tentativa, Kimi Raikkonen e George Russell.

Resultado do Q2:

pos piloto Equipe Chassis Motor Tempo
    1 55 Carlos Sainz Scuderia Mission Winnow Ferrari SF21 Ferrari 065/6 1:30.009
    2 16 Charles Leclerc Scuderia Mission Winnow Ferrari SF21 Ferrari 065/6 1:30.010
    3 44 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team F1 W12 Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:30.085
    4 4 Lando Norris McLaren F1 Team MCL35M Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:30.099
    5 77 Valtteri Bottas Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team F1 W12 Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:30.186
    6 3 Daniel Ricciardo McLaren F1 Team MCL35M Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:30.222
    7 33 Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing Honda RB16B Honda RA621H 1:30.318
    8 10 Pierre Gasly Scuderia AlphaTauri Honda AT02 Honda RA621H 1:30.513
    9 14 Fernando Alonso Alpine F1 Team A521 Renault E-Tech 20B 1:30.595
    10 18 Lance Stroll Aston Martin Cognizant F1 Team AMR21 Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:30.624
    11 11 Sergio Perez Red Bull Racing Honda RB16B Honda RA621H 1:30.659
    12 99 Antonio Giovinazzi Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen C41 Ferrari 065/6 1:30.708
    13 22 Yuki Tsunoda Scuderia AlphaTauri Honda AT02 Honda RA621H 1:31.203
    14 7 Kimi Räikkönen Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen C41 Ferrari 065/6 1:31.238
    15 63 George Russell Williams Racing FW43B Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:33.430

No Q3, logo na primeira volta se constatou a superioridade de Max Verstappen e sua Red Bull. Na primeira volta, o holandês marcou 1:29.526, superando em milésimos o tempo de Lewis Hamilton que tirou no braço a segunda posição a 23 milésimos atrás. Pierre Gasly sugiu no meio dos dois pilotos da Mercedes, na terceira posição a frente de Valtteri Bottas. Sainz jr., Ricciardo e Norris completavam os 7 primeiros colocados.

Lance Stroll esperou a pista ficar vazia para entrar na pista e marca sua volta a 3 minutos no final, que rendeu a 6ªposição.

Quase ao mesmo tempo, os pilotos voltam para a última tentativa. Bottas foi o primeiro a marcar a última volta, passa a entrar na casa do 1 minuto e 29 segundos, se colocando na terceira posição no grid de largada. Hamilton chegou a tomar a pole position, mas Verstappen não só confirmou a pole como marcou 1:28.997, o único a fica na casa do 1 minuto e 28 segundos. Max abre o ano com a pole position e com a chance de largar a frente no campeonato.

Hamilton larga na segunda posição, podendo desafiar Verstappen na corrida. Na segunda fila, Valtteri Bottas com a outra Mercedes que parece estar melhor que se previa. Charles Leclerc completando a segunda fila, a Ferrari claramente melhorou em relação a temporada passada. Na terceira fila, vão largar Pierre Gasly com a Alpha Tauri que se destacou muito no final de semana e Daniel Ricciardo da Mclaren que também mostra força nesse começo de temporada.

Lando Norris ficou a 47 milésimos de Daniel Ricciardo e abre a quarta fila que terá o espanhol Carlos Sainz jr. que teve problemas no seu carro no final do Q1 e até deu sorte em ter voltado ao treino e não ter terminado o treino ali. Completou os 10 primeiros colocados, Fernando Alonso e Lance Stroll, sendo que os dois superaram muito seus companheiros de equipe na Alpine e Aston Martin.

A abertura do campeonato de Formula1 em 2021 será dada ao meio dia de amanhã.

Grid de largada do GP do Barhein
    1ªEtapa do Campeonato de Formula 1 – Temporada 2021

pos piloto Equipe Chassis Motor Tempo nºVoltas
    1 33 Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing Honda RB16B Honda RA621H 1:28.997 15
    2 44 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team F1 W12 Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:29.385 18
    3 77 Valtteri Bottas Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team F1 W12 Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:29.586 17
    4 16 Charles Leclerc Scuderia Mission Winnow Ferrari SF21 Ferrari 065/6 1:29.678 15
    5 10 Pierre Gasly Scuderia AlphaTauri Honda AT02 Honda RA621H 1:29.809 15
    6 3 Daniel Ricciardo McLaren F1 Team MCL35M Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:29.927 18
    7 4 Lando Norris McLaren F1 Team MCL35M Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:29.974 18
    8 55 Carlos Sainz Scuderia Mission Winnow Ferrari SF21 Ferrari 065/6 1:30.215 17
    9 14 Fernando Alonso Alpine F1 Team A521 Renault E-Tech 20B 1:30.249 15
    10 18 Lance Stroll Aston Martin Cognizant F1 Team AMR21 Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:30.601 15
    11 11 Sergio Perez Red Bull Racing Honda RB16B Honda RA621H 1:30.659 11
    12 99 Antonio Giovinazzi Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen C41 Ferrari 065/6 1:30.708 12
    13 22 Yuki Tsunoda Scuderia AlphaTauri Honda AT02 Honda RA621H 1:31.203 9
    14 7 Kimi Räikkönen Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen C41 Ferrari 065/6 1:31.238 12
    15 63 George Russell Williams Racing FW43B Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:33.430 11
    16 31 Esteban Ocon Alpine F1 Team A521 Renault E-Tech 20B 1:31.724 6
    17 6 Nicholas Latifi Williams Racing FW43B Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:31.936 8
    18 5 Sebastian Vettel Aston Martin Cognizant F1 Team AMR21 Mercedes-AMG F1 M12 1:32.056 6
    19 47 Mick Schumacher Uralkali Haas F1 Team VF-21 Ferrari 065/6 1:32.449 6
    20 9 Nikita Mazepin Uralkali Haas F1 Team VF-21 Ferrari 065/6 1:33.273 7
    Fotos:

Texto: Deivison da Conceição da Silva
    Fotos: Mercedes/Red Bull/Mclaren/Aston Martin/Renault/Ferrari/Alpha Tauri/Alfa Romeo/Haas/Williams
    Fonte: http://portalsportszone.com.br/formula-1-temporada-2021-gp-do-bahrein-classificacao/
    Última edición por deivison; 27/03/2021 a las 22:56

Bruji Piruji Avatar de GoVal
    Diferencia de los tiempos de calificación del año pasado con este. Los cambios aerodinámicos hacen que todos sean más lentos. Ferrari es el que menos ha perdido, «solo» pierde medio segundo. Mercedes 1 y 2 han sido los que más han perdido, excluyendo a Haas.

Entradas de blog
    Última edición por llumia; 27/03/2021 a las 23:16

Entradas de blog
    Este extracto del artículo de Autosport, es "acollonante"

Szafnauer said that the situation his team faced was hard to accept, especially after so much effort had been made over the winter ahead of Aston Martin's F1 return.

"I'm not happy," he said. "And when I say I'm not happy, I mean I'm not happy for our two great drivers; I'm not happy for the 500 great men and women who designed, built and are now running our new car; and I'm not happy for our sponsor-partners or our fans, either.

Entradas de blog
    Seguimos con más reacciones de los equipos tras la sesión de Clasificación:

Bahrain GP: Qualifying team notes - Ferrari

Qualifying went well for Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow, with Charles Leclerc fourth fastest and Carlos Sainz eighth.Saturday evening in Sakhir confirmed that work on the SF21 has produced progress in terms of performance, as can be seen in a comparison with qualifying at the last race here when neither Ferrari driver got to Q3. Today, both of them made the cut, in full control of the situation, so that Charles and Carlos were in the fight for the top three rows on the grid.

As has often been the case, Leclerc did a fantastic job of getting the most out of his only set of soft tyres, stopping the clocks in 1'29"678. It was good enough for fourth, under a tenth of a second off Valtteri Bottas in third.

Unlike his team-mate, Sainz opted to go for two runs. On used Softs he posted a solid 1'30"536, but on the second run he made a small mistake in the first sector and had to settle for 1'30"215, which put him eighth in the end.

Charles Leclerc: We know now where we are in terms of qualy pace and it's a pleasant surprise, as we didn't expect to be here, but today we need to keep our feet on the ground. It's only the first qualy of the year and it's run in very strange conditions.

I think we should be satisfied as a team with the step we made since last year, so to be so far forward on the grid feels great. I have been struggling in FP2 and FP3 as I could not find the feeling with the car but I worked quite a lot on the driving and in qualy I was actually quite confident I would be able to do the lap I wanted.

I feel confident for tomorrow but it's going to be difficult as other cars around us seem to be very strong in terms of race pace and are starting on Mediums, so it's going to be tricky to keep them behind. Also, it's not going to be easy because of the wind, but that's the same for everyone.

Carlos Sainz: A very positive day for the team. I think we can be happy with where we are. We had that very big shock in Q1, with the car turning off, but thankfully I could start it again and made it to the pits. It's not always easy to recover from that, but we managed to have a very strong Q2. I'm obviously not happy with my last attempt in Q3. I went for it, but I'm probably lacking a bit more knowledge on the car and I couldn't put together a clean lap. It is what it is.

In general, though, I'm happy. I've been improving throughout the sessions, with good pace and very few mistakes so I want to keep gaining experience with the car and building confidence on a one-timed lap.

There will be time to analyse Qualifying in depth next week, but now I want to switch my full focus to tomorrow's race. I'm looking forward to my first ever race with the team and we'll give our best to gain positions and finish as high as possible.

Laurent Mekies: A good qualifying session, with both drivers getting through to the final part: something we have not seen since Silverstone last year. Charles, Carlos and the whole team have tackled the start of the season working methodically and with determination, going into the smallest detail to get all the potential out of the package. Today, we saw the first fruits of this work and we hope to see more tomorrow, when the points are given out. We know there's still a lot of work to be done, but we cannot deny that the first real comparison with our opponents proves that our efforts seem to be going in the right direction, although a clearer picture of the hierarchy will only emerge after three or four races. Now we have to focus on preparing for what will be a long and difficult race, run in conditions that could be very different to those we have seen so far this weekend."

https://www.pitpass.com/69311/Bahrai...-notes-Ferrari

Entradas de blog
    Bahrain GP: Qualifying team notes - Mercedes

Lewis qualified P2, 0.388 behind the pole-sitter Max Verstappen, with Valtteri just behind in P3. Both drivers will start the 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix on the Medium tyre.

Lewis Hamilton: Max did a great lap, nearly 0.4 is a big gap so we have some work to do! The car was feeling good in Q1 and Q2, we took until the last minute trying to find the right set-up and it felt sweet. Just at the end I couldn't get any more from it but still, it was exciting. I'm immensely proud of everyone. We've worked very hard over the last week to try and understand the package that we have. We made some steps forward but we couldn't compete with that last lap Max did. P2 puts us in a position to cause Red Bull trouble tomorrow.

Valtteri Bottas: Today was a lot better than testing. Throughout qualifying I was feeling more and more comfortable. At least we are closer to Red Bull than we were in testing. We have two cars to battle against one Red Bull tomorrow. I had to use two sets of tyres in Q1 so I only had one new set for Q3 which put me at a disadvantage. But starting from third at this track isn't bad so I'm looking forward to it. Red Bull seem to have more stability, particularly in the wind. We have two cars in the top three so we can definitely still fight for the win.

Toto Wolff: We are very excited to have a real fight on our hands. Six different teams in the top ten today and it's clear that simply being "good" will not be good enough this year. But in the final year of these regulations you need to push the needle further to not only beat Red Bull but also some of the other teams. It's just what the doctor ordered!

Andrew Shovlin:
    It's disappointing at the first race to be looking at a 0.4s gap to pole but at least we know the performance we need to find going forward. It's also no secret that we've been struggling with the car around this circuit; it's nowhere near as easy to work with as the W11 but everyone in Brackley and Brixworth has been working hard since the test and we've learnt a lot about the W12 and found a more predicable balance, even if we're lacking overall pace. We'd wanted to get both cars onto the medium tyre to start the race which we managed to quite safely. Valtteri was a bit compromised in the final session by having used an extra soft in the first session but overall, it was good effort by the team and drivers, and should put us in a strong position for tomorrow. It's hard to read where we are on race pace from the Friday long runs as we didn't land the car in the right window but we're fairly confident we've improved the rear grip so it will be less of a handful in the race. We might not be on pole but we have two cars at the front and an extra set of the hard tyres, so hopefully we can create some opportunities from that.

https://www.pitpass.com/69309/Bahrai...notes-Mercedes

Entradas de blog
    Bahrain GP: Qualifying team notes - Williams

George Russell qualified 15th and Nicholas Latifi 17th for the Bahrain Grand Prix. George's posted his fastest time of the session during Q1, with a 1:31.316 to make it through into Q2 for the first qualifying session of the year. Nicholas continued to improve throughout Q1 and posted his quickest time with a 1:31.936.

Dave Robson, Head of Vehicle Performance: Following a solid practice session in the heat of the afternoon, both drivers were reasonably happy with their cars and ready for the qualifying session. We knew that the tyres would behave differently in the cooler conditions of the evening and we were also conscious of the big change in wind direction. To get the most out of the Q1 session we opted to complete three runs so that each driver could get a feel for the different conditions before they attacked the final run hard and with confidence. We had mixed fortunes with the yellow flags at the end of Q1 with Nicholas being unable to use DRS on the final straight as a result, but George largely unaffected.

George completed an excellent lap and, with some drivers missing out due to the yellows, he set a time quick enough for a place in Q2. Our decision to run three times in Q1 meant that we had no new Soft tyres left, but nonetheless, making Q2 was an excellent result and we can now plan to race with the Alfa Romeos and possibly with Tsunoda. Nicky couldn't quite extract the same performance as George on this occasion, but he will start only two places back, and given his strong high fuel pace, he has an excellent chance to race with George.

The last couple of weeks in Bahrain have been intense and busy, but the team have worked very hard and as a result achieved a creditable result today, outpacing some fundamentally quicker cars. The dedication of all those who have been in Bahrain since the test, as well as all those who have supported from the UK, is outstanding and testament to a great team spirit.

George Russell
    :
    That performance was the absolute maximum today and I am really happy. Even though we have made a step closer to the front of the field, the Alfa has made an even greater step, so I wasn't expecting to get into Q2 today. I am really pleased we managed to put a clean lap together, get the most out of it and sneak into Q2. It's going to be a tough, long race but we need to capitalise where we can and not make any mistakes.

Nicholas Latifi
    :
    It was tough today and I am not completely satisfied. We have been struggling all weekend to find the right balance of the car, as well as get some consistency and driveability. However, the qualifying session for me was the best the car has felt so far this weekend. The wind switched around 180 degrees and the car handled completely differently, but I still struggled out there. It will be a long and exciting race tomorrow though and we will see what we can do.

https://www.pitpass.com/69312/Bahrai...notes-Williams

Entradas de blog
    Bahrain GP: Qualifying team notes - Alpine

Alpine F1 Team will line-up for tomorrow's season-opening Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix with Fernando Alonso ninth and Esteban Ocon sixteenth on the grid after a bittersweet qualifying under the lights at the Bahrain International Circuit.
    On his return to Formula 1, Fernando was in inspired form to advance to Q3 and put his car in ninth on the grid for tomorrow's 57-lap race.

It was a case of misfortune on the other side of the garage as Esteban was eliminated in Q1 with a yellow flag on his second push lap ending his hopes of progressing to Q2, as he missed out by just 0.070secs.

Both drivers attempted two runs on Soft tyres in Q1: Fernando through comfortably in seventh place. In Q2, the Spaniard advanced to Q3 for the first time since the 2018 Monaco Grand Prix with a 0.045secs margin to the cut-off.
    He elected to do one run on new Soft tyres in Q3, which was good enough for ninth place, 0.034secs adrift of eighth.

Esteban Ocon
    :
    "It was a very disappointing qualifying on our side of the garage. Unfortunately, the yellow flag meant I had to lift off through sector two and I lost quite a lot of lap-time as a result. It's unfortunate as there was pace for a lot more today. I think as a team we've worked well all weekend during the practice sessions and had a good set-up on the car for qualifying, so it's disappointing not to show our potential. Tomorrow, we still target points. Anything can happen and we'll push hard to make up some places and comeback. The weekend is not over."

Fernando Alonso
    :
    "We have to be pleased with our qualifying session today. I wasn't totally confident with the car balance in any of the practice sessions this weekend. In qualifying, though, the temperature was a lot cooler and I was able to attack and feel the car a little bit better. It was really exciting to drive these cars again with low fuel and peak performance from the tyres. Qualifying is always amazing to experience in Formula 1 and I have missed that feeling! The plan for tomorrow is to attack and score points. We'll try to make up some positions from our starting spot but we have to be wary of the cars around us as some of our competitors are starting on the Medium tyres so it will be a close race."

Davide Brivio, Racing Director:
    "We have mixed emotions after today's qualifying with Fernando in ninth and Esteban in sixteenth. On a positive side, it was nice to see Fernando going into Q3 and that's a good start to the season for him. However, it was bad luck for Esteban to not make it further than Q1 with a yellow flag hindering his second run. The potential was there for a solid team result. Tomorrow is race day and we'll try to push even more. We've made gains in each session so far this weekend, so let's see what happens when the lights go out."

https://www.pitpass.com/69313/Bahrai...m-notes-Alpine

Entradas de blog
    Bahrain GP: Qualifying team notes - Pirelli

After a Q1 session run exclusively on the P Zero Red soft tyres, four teams - Mercedes, Red Bull, McLaren and AlphaTauri - elected to start Q2 on the P Zero Yellow medium C3 tyre. Both Mercedes drivers as well as Red Bull's Max Verstappen and AlphaTauri's Pierre Gasly will start on this tyre tomorrow from the top 10 on the grid. Sergio Perez in the other Red Bull set his best Q2 time on the medium but qualified in P11, making him the first of the runners with a free tyre choice tomorrow.

All the drivers used the soft tyre for Q3 as expected, with Verstappen going fastest after the first run. He maintained his advantage during the final decisive run, putting together three fastest sectors to claim his fourth career pole. Verstappen was also fastest in every free practice session held so far.

Track conditions remained warm and dry for qualifying, with ambient temperatures of 30 degrees and track temperatures that were slightly warmer, in the region of 33 degrees.

In the past, the 57-lap Bahrain Grand Prix has proved to be one of the most strategically interesting races of the year, and this is likely to be the case again tomorrow. An incident-packed grand prix last year, with safety cars and red flags, means that there's little meaningful strategy data from last time and the teams are effectively starting from scratch. The abrasive track surface with high degradation makes a two-stopper the most likely scenario - but the exact two-stopper selected will depend on each driver's tyre availability for tomorrow.

There are many two-stop strategies that are similar in terms of overall time, but the quickest one in theory goes as follows: two stints on the P Zero Yellow medium tyre of 18 laps each, plus one central stint on the P Zero White hard of 21 laps: set to be the strategy for all those who set their best Q2 times on this tyre.

The second-quickest two-stopper instead uses all three compounds: the soft for 14 laps, the hard for 24 laps. and the medium for the final 19-lap stint.

A soft-medium-medium strategy is slightly slower: this would use the soft for 15 laps and then two sets of mediums for 21 laps each.

Another two-stopper uses two 16-lap soft tyre stints and one 25-lap hard stint (probably as the middle stint). This last strategy can be a favourable one with cooler conditions. In terms of overall time, that's similar to the above - and, as always, all permutations are possible.

Mario Isola:
    "Once more there was a big difference between the day and night sessions, which made the strategy and set-up calculations more complicated. There are a number of possible race strategies, depending also on the tyres each driver has available. Nonetheless, there were several teams that felt the medium tyre was the best option to start the race on tomorrow: four of the top 10 will start the race on the yellow medium C3 compound, including the top three, and this will give them more strategic options. However, there are a number of options and the cooler temperatures expected tomorrow might mix up the strategies even more. The new Formula 2 format, with two races today, were also interesting. There were some impressive runs on the soft tyre in the second race especially, as part of an alternative strategy that helped some drivers make big gains from the back of the field - influenced also by the safety car."

https://www.pitpass.com/69315/Bahrai...-notes-Pirelli

Entradas de blog

Me asombra que no hayan saltado como muelles los haters, con ese "we pass them at the start tomorrow" ...

Cita Iniciado por llumia Ver mensaje
    Este extracto del artículo de Autosport, es "acollonante"

Szafnauer said that the situation his team faced was hard to accept, especially after so much effort had been made over the winter ahead of Aston Martin's F1 return.

"I'm not happy," he said. "And when I say I'm not happy, I mean I'm not happy for our two great drivers; I'm not happy for the 500 great men and women who designed, built and are now running our new car; and I'm not happy for our sponsor-partners or our fans, either.
    Lo subrayado ...da para pensar... ... mucho.

Los trece primeros segundos son Geniales

-"Ha ido bien, ¿no? ¡Cabrón! Has hecho una buena clasificación. Para llevar dos años parao..."
    -¡OXIDAO!

Bonita clasificación, sobre todo por las ganas que habia jeje La tuve que ver en diferido, hoy haré lo posible por ver la carrera pero me tienen "ensobrinao".

Mazapán está claro que, diga lo que diga, no ha cambiado, es un sobrado que viene a hacer lo que le salga de los webs, pero al estar tan atrás no se le oirá mucho, esperemos.

Fernando pues genial, desde luego no da la sensación de haberse ido, hace lo de siempre: meterse donde los demas no lo hacen por errores o no ser tan regulares. En esa Q3 "tenian" que estar Perez y Tsunoda peeeeeero....esa declaración post carrera no la veo una sobrada (una predicción mas bien) y tambien diria que la época del anti-alonsismo rampante ya pasó.

¿Hamilton no queria oposición? Pues ahi tiene, esperemos que dure eso si...

Entradas de blog
    Momentos más destacados de la sesión de Clasificación:

Entradas de blog
    Vuelta de la 'pole' de MV:

Entradas de blog
    Comparativa MV vs. LH:

Entradas de blog
    En esta pista, al menos, parece que la Unidad Motriz Honda dispone de un mejor ERS que la del fabrcante alemán Mercedes, que se han encontrado con un poco mas de 'de-rating'.

Cuando el ERS "se vacía", como el rozamiento sigue ahí a final de recta aunque vayas con el pedal a fondo, la velocidad comienza a caer. Esto se veía mucho al final de la gran recta del circuito chino de Shanghai, al final de recta, en unos autos antes otros después, se onservaba en el gráfico como las rpm estaban a tope, pero la velociad empezaba a disminuir, no permanecía constante, a la velocidad terminal.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/merce...-recent-trend/

Entradas de blog
    Gráfico interesante, los pilotos más rápidos por subsectores en la Q3:

https://abload.de/img/exggeorw8aape8y5gjta.jpg

Foto de familia de Alfa Romeo.

Por si tuviera poco, a Vettel le cae una sanción de 5 posiciones en la parrilla y 3 puntitos de licencia por ignorar la doble amarilla en la T1 ayer durante la Q1. Un poco más y lo comunican al finalizar la carrera.

Confirmación de que de los 10 primeros, los Mercedes, Verstappen y Gasly saldrán con el medio. El resto saldrá con el blando.

Según Pirelli, la carrera será a dos paradas y la estrategia más rápida es salir con el medio.

Juegos de neumáticos disponibles para carrera. A Verstappen le queda un medio nuevo.

Primeros cambios de elementos "sensibles"

Un recordatorio a falta de menos de media hora para que comience la carrera.

Etiquetas para este tema